44 - Sucker For Punishment

I was thown to the floor of what felt like a van, and as the door slides closed I could see tears in Alex's eyes as he breaks free from the person's hold.

When the door shut I could feel my eyes close before everything around me started ringing.

🔺🔺PREVIOUSLY🔺🔺

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

🔹🔸🔹A few days later 🔹🔸🔹

🔸♦️3rd person's P.O.V ♦️🔸

Inside a dark lit room, with a swinging light bulb. Some groans are heard as well as slaps.

"I'm not going to ask again. Where are tou keeping my brother?" a man's voice is heard from inside the room.

"Maybe if you try hitting harder, I might remember." another voice is heard, but the voice was coarse, dry and scratchy.

Another slap echoes through the room. Tied to a single chair, bound by the wrists and ankles with rope, was a woman, no older than the age of 19.

The woman spits out blood onto the floor and smiles at the man, with a blood stained set of teeth.

She licks the blood from her lips and spits one more time. She flips her hair out of her face and sighs.

"Nope. Can't remeber anything." she says and this time the man punched her repeatedly.

"Well then Offi- ah sorry Sergeant, I see no need for you to stay alive."

The man pulls a gun from his waistpants and hold it against the woman's head

"Say goodbye, Evelyn." the man says and pulls the trigger, but the bullet missed.

Evelyn had managed to free her leg, and kicked the man on the shin, which resulted in him shooting into her shoulder.

Evelyn cries out and the man grabs her shoulder pressing onto the wound, causing her to scream louder.

Then the door bursts open and three uniformed officers run into the room.

Two grabs onto the man's arms and try to remove the gun from his grip.

In the scuffle, another shot fires, before another scream echoes inside the room.

The struggle continues until the gun clatters to the floor.

The third officer managed to untie Evelyn but she didn't move, at all.

Her head was slumped forwards and raspy breaths were drawn by her as she slightly gargles with each breath.

Moving her off the chair, a paramedic comes running down the hall with a stretcher in front of him.

The third officer places her on the stretcher quickly and as gently as possible, before the paramedic places a oxygen mask on her mouth and runs toward the exit.

The first two officers drag Bash Berkeley out of the room as well as the building.

Reporters try to storm the paramedic who was buzy taking Evelyn from the building.

Some took fotos while others kept shouting questions, but as soon as Bash was out in the open, they turned their attention to him.

🔹🔸🔹Happens at the same time as the above piece🔹🔸🔹

🔸♦️Alex's P.O.V ♦️🔸

Alex sat staring at the tv screen, never taking it off the news channel.

After the police took his statement they said they would keep him up to date, but they haven't heard anything yet, and it's nearly been a week since Evelyn went missing.