"What should I do?"

" Take Tylenol, use an ice pack, wrap up this bad boy like a pig in a blanket and try not to jump out of anymore windows" He said bluntly making Derek roll his eyes.

_____

When I woke up this morning, I so thought I was going to wallow in my feelings in Derek's bed with Derek tending to my every need and spoiling me by watching Rom-Coms. Instead I was in the back of Derek's truck on top of a air mattress and tons of pillows and blankets watching Derek at football practice.

He made to have a cooler with drinks and several packs of Ice packs that he went and bought from Walmart along with some leggings. Since my dumbass just packed a couple of t-shirts and underwear Still being spoiled but in a totally different way.

Dr. Harry confirmed that I didn't break any bones and advised me not to do to much. I was grateful at the fact that I didn't seriously hurt myself, but something inside of me wish I did get physically hurt to away the pain I actually felt.

Like Seriously. What has my life come to? I just found that my father, my own flesh and blood, did not want me. We had the best father and daughter relationship or so I thought. We used to spend hours together talking about sports, watching sports. He would even teach me and give me pointers. When he did come to my games he was present and consistent while my mother sat there not really focused me.

When he tucked me into bed at night, he would say that he loved me and that I was his #1 star player.

It's just hard for me to wrap around my head that all that love and attention was all a lie.

Honestly I'm glad I have Derek. I don't know where I would have gone if it wasn't for him. I could have stayed with Emery, but she leaves next door and she is the type to want me to go back home and listen to my mother just for the simple fact she's my mother. Right now, I did not want to go back and be reminded of what happened.

" Girl where have you been? Your mom has been blowing up my phone non stop"

Speaking of my dear friend. Sweet Emery was at the foot of the bed of the truck looking like somebody momma with her hand on her hips.

" Hey Emery. I'm doing great. Thanks for asking. You see  I sprained my ankle." I said trying to avoid explaining my situation all over again.

" Haha i'm not laughing. I'm gonna call your mom back to let her know where you are."

Trying to stop Emery from calling my mother I hoped down off the truck and snatched the phone out of her hands.

" No emery stop."

" What? I should at least tell her you are okay." Emery said confused.

" She doesn't care Em."

" Oh yeah really

" Oh yeah really. She doesn't? If she didn't she wouldn't be out looking for you. Now would she?" Emery Protested.

"Look, I just need a few days. My mother just needs to chill. It's not like the world is ending. And If she really cared Em, she wouldn't choose dick over the well being of her children. What kind of mother goes out every night and leaves her kids with her teenage Daughter, sometimes for days." I ranted.

" the kind that works her ass off."

" Oh yeah? Did she tell you that? Get out my face with that bull." I said with my anger boiling. How could she take her side? she was suppose to be my friend.

I turned away from her trying to figure out a way to get back on Derek's truck

" I didn't say she hasn't made mistakes. All I'm saying is that you not coming home is like fire and oil trying to mix. If you came home you can get the answers you need and maybe work on your relationship with your mother. Remember your father is the one who left not her."

I turned to face her in disbelief.

" You wouldn't understand because you have never been in my shoes. So Just mind your business. Besides I already got a so called mother. I don't need another one." I spat.

" Everything good over here?"

Derek stood there assessing the situation with his hands tucked into his football jersey.

" Just take care of her" Emery rolled her eyes and dismissed herself feeling defeated with whatever this was

" yeah babe everything is fine. Come help me get back on the truck."

He did what I asked then gave me a peck on the lips before returning to the field.

_____________

Next chapter is going to get juicy, Lol

Any predictions?