Chapter Twenty-Two

Kirishima POV:

I was frozen. My body couldn't move.

Best Jeanist lay in a bloody heap in front of Mt. Lady and Tiger. Tiger was flopped over Ragdoll's unconscious body.

The threads of Best Jeanist's costume were torn and frayed, hanging from his arms and body like the tentacles of a dead jellyfish.

"W-what should we do?" Iida stammered.

"We have to save Bakugou..." I said, my voice faltering near the end.

Bakugou stood in the midst of the villains. There was no way we could get to him safely.

Iida lunged in front of me and grabbed Midoriya and Todoroki by their shirts. They had been about to run to Bakugou.

"Wait, we-we need a real plan." He hissed.

"So, you're here." The large creepy villain that had attacked Beat Jeanist said.

We all turned towards him in shock. Had he seen us?

But he wasn't looking in our direction. Instead, he was looking at the sky.

The thick fog swirled and parted, and All Might came flying down out of the sky. He met the villain with a punch.

Somehow, the punch was deflected. "I will have you return everything, All For One!" All Might yelled.

"Really, you're going to kill me again, All Might?" All For One laughed.

The force of the strong bodies meeting released a shock wave that reached even us. Todoroki, Yaomomo, Midoriya, Iida and I all crouched down beneath the broken wall we were standing at to protect ourselves.

I couldn't hear or see anything that was going on, but I heard a loud crash and Bakugou yell "ALL MIGHT!" And I stood and quickly peered over the wall at the newly terrible sight in front of me.

A long, wide groove had been blasted into the ground. The path where All Might had been forced back by All For One. I clamped my hand over my mouth.

"Tomura, run away and take the boy with you." All For One ordered. His fingers extended and turned red with black pulsing veins. He stuck them into Kurogiri's back.

"Hey wait! He was defeated and is unconscious right now!" A female villain with big lips stepped towards him. "I'm not sure what's going on, but if you can use warp like with the Nomu then please get us to safety!"

"Unlike his coordinate transport, I can only teleport people to or from me in a short range, so I'll have Kurogiro do it." All For One Explained.

Kurogiri's quirk suddenly exploded out of his body.

I gasped and Yaomomo flinched into Todoroki's arms.

"Forcible quirk activation is a wonderful thing, isn't it?" All For One sighed.

"Shigaraki, get your piece and let's get out of here!" a villain with a full face mask and a top hat urged a guy with hands all over his body.

Bakugou stood with his feet a shoulder width apart and spread his hands over his knees. He rocked forward onto the balls of his feet and grinned. His sparring stance, one I'd seen many times.

All Might jumped towards Bakugou, but All For One blocked his path.

My heart clenched a little in my chest. Who'll rescue him? If we try to fight, everyone will get killed.

Suddenly, two of the villains lashed out at Bakugou. One with a knife, the other with a silver whip.

And now he can't even save himself.

I realized that music was playing from somewhere in the main part of the city. It made me sick. It felt so wrong that something like this could be going on and people could still be listening to music.

A third villain threw something at Bakugou. He missed.

All Might made another move to get to Bakugou, but was pulled back by All For One.

I swear I stopped breathing. I'm pretty sure my heart stopped. Or broke. Or something.

There was no other way to explain the pain I felt while I watched my best friend, completely helpless, as he fought just to stay alive.

And that's when it clicked. Right then and there.

This was why I seemed to be the only one who saw the beauty of the fierce anger in his eyes. The reason I could see the soft side through Bakugou's explosive exterior. It was why my heart rate went up when we sparred together. Why it mattered so much every time he smiled at me or showed any sign that he cared. Why it made me so happy whenever I touched him and he didn't push me away.

"Oh," I covered my mouth and sunk to the ground. I was shaking and tears flowed down my face. "Oh, no."

"Kirishima?" Yaoyorozu's voice was muffled through my wall of thoughts.

I shook my head and continued to cry. "No...."

I had never expected how much it would hurt to fall in love.

𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥: 𝟠𝟙𝟡𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕥, 𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕧𝕠𝕥𝕖 <𝟛