Chapter Ten

Kirishima POV:

"We have a better chance if teaming up with Bakugou than anyone else!" I began my little pep talk. "We're the Bakusquad for fucks sake!"

"Yeah, were his best bros!" Ashido modded.

"Even though he'll never admit it." Sero grinned.

"So what do you think, Kaminari?" I punched his chest lightly. "Wanna give it a shot with us."

"I'm good." Kaminari pointed at Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, and Iida with his thumb over his shoulder. "They've got an opening."

"Oooh you're going with Todoroki, you lucky bastard." Sero sighed.

"I know, right?" Kaminari laughed. "I never thought they'd take me."

"Let's go guys." Ashido motioned to Bakugou.

"Bye Kaminari. Good luck," We high fived. "Even though you're going to lose."

Ashido and Sero waved a piece of tape coated in acid in front of us, creating a wide path for us to walk through to Bakugou.

Almost everyone was clustered around Bakugou, but they moved aside when we walked up.

"Hey Bakugou!" I raised my hand to get his attention.

He looked over, uninterested.

"Team up with Ashido, Sero, and me!" I said, flashing a sharp-toothed smile. "I'm the only one who can withstand your explosions, after all."

"No." He looked away and kept scanning the crowd for 'better' teammate options.

"Cmon. Wanna play rider? You'd be in complete control and besides," I clamped my hand on his shoulder. "I'll be a horse that'll never waver!"

We made eye contact for a few seconds. His eyes... my god. I had never realized how angry they were. Turbulent and sharp, every shade of red all together. Ruby crystals in his sockets.

"Whatever Shitty Hair." He broke our stare.

"It's Kirishima!" I yelled, more amused than frustrated. "And my hair's not that different than yours."

He scoffed and his palms smoked. "Yours is way shittier."

"Suuuuuuuuure." I called Ashido and Sero over. "We're in guys!"

The three of us cheered, Bakugou crossed his arms and looked away.

"Time's up!" Midnight struck her whip on the ground, the sharp sound echoing through the arena.

Lots of the guys gulped.

"Let's win this!" I pumped my fist in the air.

Bakugou POV:

Goddamnit it was frustrating. Everyone wanted to be on a team with me because I was worth so much less than fucking Deku.

But I would show them. My team would be so amazing, even Half-and-Half wouldn't stand a chance.

Or, three dumbasses could burn through the crowd and not only scare everyone else away but also have Kirishima look at me with that fucking smile.

Every time he smiled like that, I couldn't help but let him have what he wanted. Damn Shitty Hair just looked so disappointed if I dissed him after he tried that smile.

So here I was, stuck with a tape dispenser, a boulder, and a living mass of radioactivity juice. And for some reason, it wasn't that bad.

𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥: 𝟜𝟠𝟚𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕥, 𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕧𝕠𝕥𝕖 <𝟛