Chapter Two

Kirishima POV:
It was the day I had been so excited for for so long. The entrance exams for UA High School!
I knew I would get in. With my quirk I had worked so hard to sharpen and my manly spirit, I could do it!
But there was one thing I didn't expect.... When we all gathered at the gate, ready to fight the robots, my ring finger twitched. The invisible string tied to it tugged towards my left.
I turned my head, looking at everyone else's hands to see if their ring fingers had the same reaction as mine.
Nothing. There was a blue haired boy with glasses who was chopping his hands vigorously, a blonde boy who looked like he belonged in a makeup commercial instead of the entrance exams for a hero high school, another blonde who looked pissed to even be here and had his hands deep in his pockets, and a few girls clustered together and talking, whose hands I couldn't even see.
I sighed sadly, but then perked up a little. I would be going to school with these people, assuming they all made it in, so I could continue the hunt for my soulmate later.
Present Mic yelled that the exam was starting, and everyone bolted through the gates into the mock city.
I followed where my soul string took me, breaking off from the group and instantly meeting 6 one-pointers, 5 two-pointers, and 2 bots worth three points.
There were eight people in that small area. Eight people that might be my soulmate.
I hardened my arms and took out one of the three-point bots, coming face to face with a girl with ginger hair and enormous hands.
"Hey, that one was mine!" She yelled.
"First come, first serve." I grinned and turned to grapple with one of the one-pointers.
No connection. She wasn't my soulmate.
I demolished the machine and ran at full speed to a cluster of them that were battling 2 boys and 2 girls.
One of the boys had a similar quirk to me. His body looked as if it were made of silver, and it was a hard, rigid texture.
One of the other boys looked pretty plain except for his head, which had a giant red and white spike on it.
One of the girls had black, bat-like wings and was flying up and striking the bots with strong kicks.
The last girl had short brown hair and rosy cheeks. She ran up to each robot, touched them, and ran away.
Everyone stared at her with confused looks on their faces.
I figured she had done something to the giant machines, and I felt no tug in that direction from my soul string, so I ducked past them all and into the path of a few three point bots. I hardened my hands and punched my fists together, making sparks.
I grinned triumphantly and cut my hands down the middle of one of the machines.
I heard a loud crashing sound and looked in the direction it was coming from. The zero-point bot.
Suddenly I couldn't control my body. My soul string dragged me by the hand towards the crowd of people watching in fearful awe as the bot exploded from the ground.
Everyone turned around and ran. I felt a powerful hand push me forward, and the yank on my soul string stopped. My heart plummeted.
Once you were touched by your soulmate, your soul string would never pull you to them again. When you and your soulmate kissed, though, the string would appear for the first time, crimson red and tied to you and your soulmate's ring fingers.
But now mine might never show up again.

Bakugou POV:
I felt him. I saw him too. A boy with shaggy black hair and sharp teeth. That was my soulmate.
My wrist began to pull me towards him, so I darted into the crowd of people and hid there.
Soon, my soulmate was brought into the crowd as well. As chaos broke out, I lunged towards him.
Praying he wouldn't turn around and see me, I shoved his shoulder. And the pull of my soul string stopped.
I breathed a sigh of relief. Now, if I kept up my usual behavior, this boy was sure to avoid me. He might not even be in the same class as me.
I had successfully evaded my soulmate.

𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥: 𝟟𝟚𝟙𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕥, 𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕧𝕠𝕥𝕖 <𝟛