Chapter Thirteen

Bakugou POV:

Stick my hands in the water. Sweat my skin off. Explosion. Repeat.

These steps were burned into my brain. For the past three days, it was all I had been doing.

Stick my hands in the water. Sweat my skin off. Explosion. Repeat.

The only reason I didn't call bullshit on Aizawa's methods of teaching was that I could actually see improvement in my explosions. They got bigger: very very slowly, but they did. Every time I produced one, it would increase by a tiny bit.

Pixie Bob laughed, her way of calling everyone's attention. "Don't forget everyone! Tonight we'll have a test of courage with the classes pitted against each other! After training hard, you can play hard! The carrot and the stick!"

"What the fuck does that even mean?" I grumbled.

Whatever. It didn't matter. I wasn't some pussy. I could stand the night in the dark longer than anyone in Class 1-B.

Stick my hands in the water. Sweat my skin off. Explosion. Repeat.

After another long ass day of sweating and smoke, it was time for us to make dinner again.

I grabbed some carrots and chopped them into thin slices on a cutting board.

"Bakugou, you're really good at using a knife!" Uraraka gasped. "It's unexpected... "

"What do you mean, unexpected?" I chopped the carrots more aggressively. "How can you be bad at using a knife!"

"There he is." Kaminari walked past me with an armful of bowls. "We haven't seen a capable version of him in a while."

"Everyone's too energetic." Kirishima sighed, obviously half asleep.

I glared at him. "You just can't handle training well."

"Quit that, you're being dramatic." Ashido slapped my arm.

I broke my stare and glared at the carrots I was cutting instead.

"Wow, you're really angry at those carrots." Kirishima said through a yawn.

"I'm not fucking angry at the inanimate objects!" I yelled.

"Okay bro." Kirishima turned and continued stirring the stew.

I diced all the vegetables and upturned my cutting board into Kirishima's pot. Steam rose from the in-progress stew, clouding the air and slowly making Kirishima's hair fall out of place.

"Oi Shitty Hair, your hair's flopping." I poked his shoulder.

Kirishima simply activated his quirk and pulled a tube of hair gel out of his pocket. He slathered his spiked and hardened hair with the gel and turned his quirk off.

I blinked. "Wow, that's a simple fix."

"I'm a simple manly man." Kirishima said. He seemed so dull when he was tired, it was out of character for him.

After everything was cut and cooked and mixed together, Iida ladled the thick soup into bowls and we all sat down to eat.

"This is way better than that curry on the first day!" Midoriya grinned. "Great job everyone!"

Everyone muttered their "'welcome"s and "yeah, thanks"s.

"The test of courage is after this." Jirou said quietly.