seventeen

Chapter Seventeen: "Spirit in the Night"
Season 1, Episode 17

Chapter Seventeen: "Spirit in the Night" Season 1, Episode 17

____

thomas had his arm around haley's shoulder as they looked towards their best friend, "i guess you should feel pretty lucky that you get to hang out with us like this," lucas chuckled, "do you have any wishes i can grant?"

lucas stops turning to haley and thomas, "yeah," haley furrowed her eyebrows, "what?" thomas smiled, "why don't you come to the tournament this weekend,"

haley tilts her head back, "ugh, fine, yeah.." haley smiled, "you're on," lucas walked away from them a smile coming off his lips, "i'll see you guys later,"

thomas smiled, "well in a startling new development, it looks like i'm going to be joining you at the classic," haley smiled at thomas, "you and me in the same hotel? this weekend just a lot more interesting,"

"down boy.."

haley chuckled as thomas moved his arm away from haley'a shoulder putting his hands into his jacket pockets, "plus it's probably better if i don't leave you with all the cheerleaders anyway,"

haley smiled, "so how did it go anyway?" thomas smiled, "i got the apartment," haley smiled, "ah, that's great," thomas chuckled, "it drained my money from my account but at least my parents pay me weekly for washing their cars,"

haley chuckled, "but the apartment is mine on Sunday," haley smiled, "that's so cool," thomas chuckled wrapping his arm around haley's shoulders walking towards the double doors.

____

lucas and thomas walked beside each other coming past coach durham's office, "lucas! thomas! both of you come in here!" thomas sighed coming into coach's office, "what's up coach?"

"how's the shoulder and arm of yours?" thomas looked down to his arm which wasn't in a sling anymore, "therapy's going kind of slow,"

coach looked at lucas, "well, that's too bad, cause we could use both of you this weekend," thomas sighed, "ah, come on, man, the greyhounds suck on d," lucas smiled, "don't worry, we'll get you your 500th win easily, coach,"

coach smiled, "i wished we could do our part," coach stood up, "well, maybe you can," thomas furrowed his eyebrows, "one of your teammates needs a little extra coaching,"

lucas shrugged his shoulders, "okay, sure, well help whoever," nathan comes into the office, "you wanted to see me?" coach nods his head, "i did,"

thomas and lucas both furrowed their eyebrows, "with thomas and lucas on the injured list, you're going to see a lot more double teams," thomas and lucas looked at each other, "now thomas and lucas is damn good at creating space for open shots,"

"i want you three to work together,"

nathan looked at coach durham, "there's nothing they can teach me about my game or anything else," coach looked at nathan, "they can teach you to listen when i tell you to do something,"