thirty-four

Chapter Thirty-Four: "Between Order and Randomness"
Season 2, Episode 12

Chapter Thirty-Four: "Between Order and Randomness" Season 2, Episode 12

_____

taylor slides a cd into haley's laptop hearing chris keller's voice on the laptop, haley comes into the living room, "shut that off," haley said looking at her sister, taylor smiles, "is this the infamous chris? he sounds sexy,"

haley closed her laptop looking at taylor, "thomas is in the bedroom, do you want to start world war 3?" she takes her laptop away from her sister when taylor turns seeing her sister's tattoo on her lower back.

"nice henna tattoo,"

haley puts her laptop onto the kitchen counter, "it's not henna," taylor comes behind haley touching at her sister's number fourteen tattoo, haley slapping her hand away, "it is real, 14?"

taylor looked at her sister, "is that how many tequila shots it took you to do it?" she asked, "stop it!" haley said to taylor who sits at the kitchen stool, "hey, what happened to the whole... 'tattoos are for sluts and burn-outs' sermon that you gave me?"

taylor asked haley, "uh fourteen is thomas's jersey number... and you permanently marked your body with some random spider," taylor smiles leaning in, "the scorpion paralyses its victims, nothing random about that,"

haley rolls her eyes, "yeah, i bet," taylor looks at her younger sister, "you got a tattoo, and conveniently its in the exact same sport as me," haley glared at her sister, "i guess you don't disapprove of your older sister so much after all,"

"don't flatter yourself, does this mean you didn't wait for the ring to give it up, either?" taylor asked her sister once halosat opposite her, "i waited until i was in love,"

thomas comes into the kitchen, "how about you, thomas? were you in love the first time you had sex?" taylor asked as thomas puts his hand onto haley's back, "tay!"

"what? we're family now, we shouldn't have secrets," thomas makes a face to taylor, "it's not really any of your business, but the truth is whoever my first was wasn't nearly as important as my last," he said rubbing haley's back looking down at her.

thomas leans down smiling at haley, "thank you.." haley leans on tippy toes, thomas leans down pressing his lips onto haley's lips.

haley walks away from them when thomas lets out a sigh looking at taylor glaring at her, who smiles showing off her teeth.

_____

haley was on her laptop sending chris an email asking how he was and how the showcase was in new york when thomas calls her.

"hello," he hears haley say on the other side of the phone, thomas smiles looking away from the customers they sat at the stools in front of the counter, "hey it's me, what are you doing?"

he smiles looking out from the back door, "oh nothing, just thinking of you.." haley said making thomas smile, "i'm thinking of you too," he spoke into the mother's diner's phone about to say something when he ends the phone on haley seeing his mother come from her office.