Dating the coach #2

"Coach, this is what i'm talking about earlier o." Adrien showed a video on his Ipad to Third.

"He's really your idol noh?" He asked my son, and Adrien nodded. I just continued eating my dinner.

"Baby, eat your dinner first. Di ren tapos si coach o." I told him, and Adrien put down his ipad. They continued to eat.

"I heard you're from Ateneo, Mrs. De Leon. Anong sport ulit nilalaro mo noon?" Thirdy asked as they munched on their food.

"I used to play volleyball. I was a varsity back then. Sasali na sana ako sa mga professional leagues, but then Adrien came. So I decided to work na lang. Which school do you play for dati?" Bea asked.

"I played for Ateneo in high school, but I moved to La salle in college. I'm still actually playing pro, then I heard na their school coach was going to retire na, so I decided to make this a part time job." He explained. Bea was shocked at his explanation. How could a guy like him have two works at the same time?

"How do you manage your time? I mean, I only have one job, and yet I still can't fetch my son from school." She joked, making Thirdy chuckle.

"I have five hours of training in the morning, then I get some rest for about three hours? There I get to rest also naman. I just mentor these future athletes, and it's not very tiring to teach them. And then I have games by five or six." Bea nodded to what he said.

A few minutes later, they finished dinner. Bea payed for their bill and Thirdy insisted na he walks them to the parking lot.

"I can't help but ask, Ms. Bea. Where's your husband? The father of Adrien?" He asked her.

"He's gone." Bei answered, and Thirdy just looked at her.

"He's in Switzerland, I think? Well, he really didn't care for Adrien. And we're better of without him."

"Why did you broke up?"

"He has a family of his own. Actually, when I got pregnant, I told him. And dun ko lang nalaman na he's married, and he has three kids already. He's older ng five years kasi saken. So yun, I decided to break our connection, pati ki Adrien. Ikaw ba? Don't you have a girlfriend or a family?"

"I do have a girlfriend. Her name is Cheryl. She's uh... hard to understand sometimes..."

"What do you mean?"

"We're actually engaged. But yeah, I don't know. She gets jealous of me hanging out with my group of friends even if they're are all boys. I spend a lot of time with her naman. But she gets so mad when I'm with my boys. She hates them, and they hate her too."

"Grabe. If I had a boyfriend like that, automatic break na agad." Bea joked, and they both laughed.

"So pano ba yan, Ms. Bei. I'll see you at training next monday?" He asked.

"We'll see." Bei replied with a smile.

"Goodbye, AG." Thirdy knelt down so he's the same level as Adrien and he messed with his hair.

"Goodbye po, Coach Ravs!" Rien replied as he got inside the car.

"Oh my gosh, stop calling him that." Bei rolled her eyes.

"Why? And haba-haba kaya ng 'Adrien'." He joked.

"Eh that's sounds nice e, why do you care? Just kidding, we'll go ahead na, coach. Goodbye."

•••

"Hi po, Tita!" Rien greeted Maddie as we walked by her office.

"Hey, AG! Sorry, I didn't bring Zeno with me today, dinala sya ni Zolo sa lolo't lola." Maddie said, and Rien nodded.

"It's okay po. Where's Ninang Jho—"

"AG!" There came Jho, she quickly ran towards Rien with open arms, and they both hugged.

"Did you miss me na? Hay nako! Sinasabi ko sainyo, meant to be sila ng baby girl ko!" Jho chuckled.

"My God, Jho. He's way too old for your baby, Jho." Bei reminded.

"Bakit, kayo nga ni Castor eh."

"Who's Castor po?" Rien asked. Jho looked at Bea, who's signalling her to keep her mouth shut about his father.

"Wala, bebe. Made up ko lang yun. Alam mo naman si ninang Jho mo diba?" Jho said quickly.

"Did I hear a little boy talking?" The door opened and it was Marc.

"Tito Marc!"

"AG!"

"Will you all please stop calling him 'AG'? It's really annoying." Bea said.

"We'll try, Bei. I heard your mom forgot to pick you up yesterday, huh?" Marc asked Rien, trying to tease Bea.

"Yeah. But it's okay lang po. I got to play with Coach Ravs, and then mommy invited Coach Ravs outside for dinner. And then they chatted and laughed—" He really narrated the whole scenery of what happened yesterday, making Marc disappointed.

"Really? I guess your mom had fun with your coach noh?" He said, with sadness in his voice.

"Yes po. Can we po in your station, Tito Marc? I want to upgrade my game na po." Marc nodded to Adrien and they left Maddie's office to go to his station.

"Is there something between you and their coach? Hmm... Ikaw ah!" They started to tease.

"They chatted and laughed and—"

"Oh my gosh... stop.. I just treated him for dinner for staying with my son, okay? Walang malisya dun." Bea tried to defend herself, but Maddie and Jho just laughed at their friend.

"Okay lang naman lumandi, Bei. I'm sure approved agad yang si coach ki AG." Maddie said.

"Grab the chance, gwapo pa naman yung coach na un!" Jho said as well.

"Whatever. Bat di kayo lumandi dun? I'll go back to work na." Bea left the room and went to her own office.

•••

Earlier...

Cheryl Jade : 6:05 AM
Hey, san ka nanaman galing kagabi? My friend saw you at the restaurant yesterday.

Thirdy : 6:06 AM
I just woke up, sorry. I was eating with a friend.

Cheryl Jade : 6:05 AM
With a friend? Babae? May anak pa? My God, Ferdinand... You have a girlfriend already, nakuha mo pang lumandi? At ng may anak pa?

Thirdy : 6:07 AM
The hell is your problem, Cheryl? She's just a friend! Lahat na lang ng babaeng kaibigan ko pinagseselosan mo. Can you stop it? Nakakasakal na yang ginagawa mo.

Thirdy decided to turn off his phone and jog around the village while the sun hasn't full shown up.

"Hey, coach!" He turned his head only to see a running Bea de Leon.

"Ms. Bei, glad to see you here." He started.

"You too. You live here?" She asked as she tried to catch air.

"Yeah. And you?"

"Madrid street. The second house from the left." Thirdy nodded to what she said and he invited her to jog with him.

"I actually own the house beside yours." He said.

"Really? Nice design ah. Matagal ng curious si Rien dun eh, he wants a playmate kasi."

"I can be his playmate. He can visit there, I have a basketball court being placed there."

"That's nice. Parang ang laki ng naipon mong pera para dyan ah." Bea joked and he laughed.

He likes Bea's aura. He likes it when he sees himself happy with her. He makes her happy like no one else could, and just by being her.

#BLACKLIVESMATTER