Dating the coach #1

"Mom, I have training na po later! Can you watch? Please, mommy?" Adrien flashed his cute face to his mom, knowing na this will make her say 'Yes'.

"Sure, baby. I'll drop by na lang after work, what time is your training pala?" She asked as she started to prepare her son's lunch.

"After classes pa naman po. Around, 3:00 PM? Zeno's mom will be there too!" He said, and Bea nodded. She completely packed his lunch and then went to the garage to start the car.

She dropped her son off to school, and then headed to her office.

"Pupunta ka sa training nila noh?" Maddie asked. And Bei nodded. She and Maddie have been friends since college, and teammates as well.

"Hey, can I come? Gusto ko lang mapanood ang mga inaanak ko, you know?" This time, it was Jho who's speaking. And just like Maddie, she and Bea have been college friends and teammates.

"Sure. Adrien has been super excited about this training, and i'm glad na he got into their team."

"Magaling naman si AG ah! Mana sa mommy!" Jho joked. And they all laughed.

"Stop calling him that. It's panget to hear kaya." Bea complained, making Jho and Maddie laugh more.

"Ikaw, you should lessen yourself on watching basketball. Baka mamaya, lumabas iyang baby girl mo at basketball ang piliing sport." Maddie told Jho, and Jho could only giggle.

"Bumalik na nga kayo sa mga trabaho ninyo. I have to focus on this report." Bea said. Making Jho and Maddie leave her office a few seconds later.

•••

Bea drove them to the boys' school. Since Maddie and Jho didn't bring their car, she insisted to give them a ride.

"Grabe. This building got bigger. Parang college days pa nung nirequest ng principal ng Ateneo na we visit their grade school building para magturo ng volleyball sa mga kids." Maddie reminisced. Those days were the fun days they had as college student. And they all loved it going here, being hugged by children.

"Yeah. I remember that." Bea replied, and Maddie smiled. They continued to walk until they reached the gym. They saw the boys stretching on the other side of the court, but they're alone. The three decided to sit down on one of the benches set for parents who wanted to watch.

A few minutes of stretching later... Adrien and Zeno walked towards their moms.

"Are you done na ba? Where's your coach?" Bea asked as she wiped Adrien's back.

"Did we miss it, Zeze? I'm very sorry mom didn't made it." Maddie told her son as he sat beside her.

"Chill, mom and tita. We were just getting started pa po. Parating na raw po si coach e." Adrien answered, making Maddie and Bea sigh of relief.

About 2 minutes later, they heard a whistle coming from the door. It must be their new coach. Adrien and Zeno kissed their moms on the cheek before going back to the team. Their new coach entered the gym and introduced himself to the basketball team.

"Good afternoon. I am Ferdinand Ravena III. But you can call me Coach Third or Coach Ravs. I will be coaching all of you this season, and hopefully for more seasons. And, uh... please introduce yourselves." He pointed at the kid from the right, Zeno.

"Hi, I am Marc Zeno M. Ligot. I am 10 years old, a grade-4 pupil."

Thirdy pointed to the next child, which is Adrien.

"Hey, i'm Adrien Gabriel De Leon. 10 years of age, and i'm a grade-4 pupil as well."

Then the rest of the team introduced themselves and they started training.

"De Leon, Ligot, Revilla, Cayetano and Espejo. Can I talk to you boys after training?" Thirdy asked. And the boys he called just nodded.

Thirdy showed them the proper cool-down, and their first training was done. The boys he called, Adrien, Zeno, Denver, Yno and Liam went to their coach as he requested after practice.

"The 5 of you, I really see big potential in all of you. Are your parents from this school as well?" He asked. And these kids nodded.

Liam went first and said na Marck Espejo is his dad. Yno said na Fille Cayetano is his mother. Denver is the son of LA Revilla and Denisse Lazaro. Zeno is the son of Zolo Ligot, and Maddie Madayag. And Adrien, the son of Bea De Leon.

"Well, I'm not very familiar with the other parents, hehe. Some of them are volleyball players kasi so I don't know them. But, yeah. I've decided to make all of you our first 5. We will let the other players play naman, pero being the first 5, i'll give little attention to you, guys. We have training on Wednesday, right? I'll announce your team captain and co-captain there. Okay, you can be dismissed."

The boys gave their coach a high-five before running to their ever-supportive parents.

•••

Wednesday:

"Mom, I have training po ulit today. Will you watch?" Adrien asked.

"Rien, mom will be busy today. Pero... I'll go okay? Mom will try. Let's take you to school na."

After sending her son to school, Bea headed to work. She's a busy woman, and has a lot of things to do pa. Her friends wanted her to hire a yaya for Adrien, but she refused because she can handle it naman daw. And since she was super busy, she forgot to check the time.

"Hays. I really should get some rest after working for 10 straight." She told herself as she sat on her chair. Somebody then knocked on her office door.

"Beedee, can I take you out for dinner? I'll pay for it." It was one of her officemates that has a crush on her. Marco.

"I can't right now, Marc. I'm really exhausted and I want to just sleep when I get home." She said.

"Same old BDL. Well, can we at least talk about us?"  He asked.

"What about us? What time is it na pala? I have to get Adrien from school pa." She reminded herself. Marco fished out his phone from his pocket and checked the time.

"6:00 PM na." Bea quickly stand up and picked her stuff.

"Gotta' go, Marc. I'll see you." She left the office, making Marco sigh.

•••

"Ma'am, andun pa po sa gym. Nagprapractice kasama si Coach Thirdy." The janitor explained. Bea nodded and ran to the gym.

As she entered, she saw Adrien and his coach, playing. 1 versus 1. She smiled at the scenario. She liked seeing her son happy. So she sat down on one of the benches and watched, until the boys noticed.

"Mommy!" Adrien ran to his mom and gave her a hug. Bea kissed him on the forehead after that.

Coach Third then walked towards them as he wiped his forehead with a towel.

"I'm sorry for being late. Thank you pala for keeping an eye on Adrien." Bea smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"No problem po. Thirdy Ravena pala." He offered his hand to shake, and Bea obliged.

"Bea De Leon." She said.

"Adrien told me na his mom daw will be for sure late when he did not see you with the other parents in the bench. And I insisted to stay with him until you arrive. Balak ko na ngang iuwi kung di ka pa dadating eh." He joked, making Bea chuckle.

"I was bombarded with paperworks eh. But I really appreciate you companioning my son. Can I invite you to dinner to make up for this?" She invited him, and he was happy to accept her invitation.

"I don't pass on free food, Mrs. De Leon. Let's go?".