Stay beside me #3

"Thirdy, please patawarin mo ko, anak!" Mozzy begged.

"Patawarin? Ma, namatay ang anak ko nang dahil sainyo! Now tell me, paano ko kayo mapapatawad?!" He yelled at his mother.

"Thirdy, I didn't mean to do that! Let me apologise to her!" Mozzy exclaimed.

"Bea doesn't need your apologies. Hindi mababalik ng mga sorry nyo ang anak namin." Thirdy said.

"Thirdy, calm down. Hindi sinasadya ng mama mo yun! Pati ba naman ang nanay mo, aawayin mo nang dahil dyan?!" Carissa exclaimed.

"Wag ka ngang maki-gulo dito! Alam mo ba kung anong pinagdadaanan ko?! Don't act like you care for me, because you mean nothing to me!" He answered back.

"Thirdy." Thirdy turned around and saw Bea, still in her hospital gown.

"Let's go home." She said. Thirdy hurriedly took Carissa's hand off of his shoulder.

•••

"Beatriz..." He called.

"Let's eat dinner? Sa favorite restaurant mo?" He asked, hoping that this will make her feel a little better.

"Wala akong gana, Thirdy." She coldly answered.

"Okay. I'll just unpack your bag..." Thirdy sighed and decided to stand up to unpack her things, but before he could take a step, she pulled his hand.

"Don't leave me, Thirdy..." She quietly cried. She started to sob. He walked towards her and embraced her.

"Never, Bea." He whispered back. Then he looked at her, he couldn't help himself so he pulled her closer and began to kiss her. And she answered his kisses.

And they made love that night.

•••

The next morning...

He woke up, feeling the light of the rising sun on his face. He smiled as he remembered last night. He tried to reach for Bea, but she was not beside him.

"Babe?" He called. No answers. Thirdy stood up and wore his shorts, then he began to search the bathroom and the room. He sat back on their bed and saw a little note on his bedside table.

Dear Thirdy,

I'm sorry if I left just like that. After what
happened last night... I know you're hurt, I know na naguguluhan ka... But I had to do this, Thirdy.
I just couldn't take it, living in the same house with your mother and Carissa... Don't worry, I'm okay, I'll be okay. This is not the end, Thirdy, I promise. Babalikan kita, pag handa na ko, pag
maayos na ko. I love you so much. Always remember that. I'll be giving you my necklace, a sign na I'll come back to you.

- Beatriz

Thirdy cried.

•••

It's five in the morning. Bea carefully pulled away from Thirdy's arms. She sighed, praying that this decision will help, not only her, but Thirdy as well. She has to fix her life. She doesn't really have plans on leaving her boyfriend, but she wanted him to be okay with his family, lalo na his mother.

She stood up and packed her bags. After thirty-minutes, after packing her bag with her clothes and stuff, she walked towards Thirdy, who's still asleep. She bent down and kissed Thirdy on the lips for the last time. She took off her necklace, that means so much to her, it was given by her parents when she was a child. It is the only remembrance she has of her parents, and so she left it, as a sign na she'll be back. For him.