Being a Ravena #4

"Baby... i'm glad you're awake." Thirdy is in the room with Bea in the hospital. She already woke up. And now they're talking about what happens to them.

"Thirdy, please don't tell mama." She begged.

"I'll stay away if I have to, just don't tell her—" Thirdy stopped her by kissing her on the lips softly.

"Shh... Mama already knows. And there's something you need to know." Thirdy whispered.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Tita Det is your mom. She's been telling the truth. If you want, we could hear mama's explanation first?" He suggested. And Bea only nodded.

•••

"I hope you can forgive me, Bea..." Mozzy said. She explained the whole story, except for Det's.

"I forgive you, ma. I'm just so thankful na kayo ang nagalaga saken. And you treated me like your daughter when I was left alone. Thank you, Ma." Bea hugged Mozzy and pulled away after hearing the door open. It was Det this time who entered.

"I'll leave you alone n—"

"No, Ma. I want you to hear her side, as well. You were best friends right?" Mozzy smiled. So she sat down on the chair beside Thirdy.

Det took a deep breath, and then she started.

"I only wanted you to live, Beatriz. I only wanted what's best for you, and I know that what I did was selfish. Now, I am begging you... Please come back home..." Det cried.

"Tita, I'll leave you with Bea muna. Me and mom will go out lang po." Thirdy and Mozzy made their way out of the room and left the two have some time alone.

"Bea, please... Give me at least a day to spend time with you and I'll st—"

"Shh... It's okay, mom. I understand you. And I do want to spend some time with you to get to know you. Stop crying, please?" Bea hugged her mom. She was happy to know that Thirdy isn't really her brother, and that her real mother came back for her.

•••

Bea got out of the hospital the same day. She wanted to rest at Thirdy's, but he insisted that they stay at his condo for a while. And ever since she stayed there, Thirdy did not let her move a finger.

"Babe, why are you up?" He asked as soon as he entered the room. She was just stretching her arms and legs, that's all.

"Babe, i'm tired of laying on bed 24/7. The doctor said that it was fine to move." She complained. But then Thirdy started to act surprise. He wouldn't talk.

"Hey? You okay?" Bei tried to call his attention, and it did work.

"You called me 'babe'. Oh my gosh!" He said all of a sudden.

"Hay nako, Thirdy. Nababaliw ka nanaman." Bea laughed at him as he continued to stare.

"I love you, Bei. And I promise you that i'll let no one break us apart. Not us, not our little family."

"I love you too. Don't you think God was giving us a sign, like when we were born?" Bea laughed at her own idea. She knows Thirdy wouldn't get it.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, he already wants us together pa. Back then." She chuckled. Bei then decided to stand up, and Thirdy assisted her.

"I promised to visit mommy today pala. She wants me to meet my dad."

"I'll come then." Thirdy said.

"No, babe... You have training, right? Besides, I have Nana Rose with me. She wanted to come also." Bea convinced her boyfriend, and he agreed.