Last Days - I

"Bel... kelan mo ba ko sasagutin?" He asked calmy.

"When the time comes, Thirds. Kung mahal mo ko, hihintayin mo ko diba?" She laughed.

"Gaano katagal na ba kong nanliligaw?" Thirdy asked himself as he counted how many months he courted Isabel.

"Mag-iisang taon na ah. Happy Anniversary, Bel." Third joked, then he received a slap from Bel.

"Anong anniversary ka dyan? Di pa nga kita sinasagot e." Bel continued to laugh.

"Hay nako... Kung di lang kita love eh." He pouted.

Their school bell then rings.

"Tara, hatid na kita sa room nyo." He picked up Bel's bag, and then they headed to her building.

•••

"Mom, ang sakit talaga ng dibdib ko." Bel complained as she entered her parents' office.

"Bakit? Did you do something?" Her mom asked.

"Nagjog lang po ako around the village, and then I started to breathe heavily."

"Get dressed, Nak. We'll see a doctor."

•••

"Your daughter is diagnosed with heart failure, madame."

"P-po? But how can she be diagnosed with that, e ang healthy ni Isabel, Doc." Det asked.

"Her heart is weak, Ma'am. I'm sorry to break this news, pero you should make the most out of her life. She might only last for a year, maybe months."

That made Det cried... That made all of them cried. Bel wanted to do one thing before she says goodbye to this world. One last thing before she disappears from everyone's eyes.

•••

"Thirdy... Can we meet up?"

"Sure! Is there something wrong?"

"I actually, have something to say."

"Ano yun?"

"Basta. Can we meet sa beach?"

"Sure. I'll be there in 10 minutes."

•••

"Anong meron, Bel? You're making me nervous." He asked as they sat on the sand as they watched the sunset.

"Thirds... I'm saying yes." Bel smiled at him. But he was still confused.

"Yes? San?"

"Yes, Thirdy Ravena! I want to be your girlfriend!"

Thirdy's jaw dropped.

"Finally! Yes!" He stood up and then jumped. Bea laughed as he acted like a child who was happy to receive a gift. Thirdy pulled her and then kissed her.

"Thank you so much, Bel. You don't know how it made my day. I love you so much." He whispered as they pulled away from the kiss.

"I love you too, Thirds."

They spent the night at the beach. They had long talks over wine, they watched the shore as the stars shone bright at the sky.

"Thirdy, make love to me. Please?" She requested out of nowhere.

"Huh? Bel, are you okay? I mean, I would love to. But... ang bilis." He replied.

"Just please?" She begged. So Thirdy moved closer, and then he claimed her lips. Then, they made love that night.

•••

"Love, can we go skydiving?" Bel asked.

"But we have classes later, my love." Thirdy replied as he held Bel's hand and continued to drive.