-

i watched on the screen as they were announcing the grammy winner for record of the year. "and the grammy... goes to... bad guy billie eilish!"

billie dropped her hands, taking in a breath of air. her and finneas walked up the stairs to the stage, thanking the people up there as they handed her the grammy. her and finneas leaned in at the same time, both saying "thank you" before walking back off the stage. i pouted as i realized that billie was about to cry.

-

"for album of the year... the grammy goes to... billie eilish when we all fall asleep, where do we go?"

billie threw her head back. "no!" she laughed, before standing up and hugging finneas. she turned to me and gave me a hug as well, going up to the stage after, finneas following her.

she accepted the grammy, then leaned to the mic. "ai. shhh. please, sit down. um, can i just say that i think that ariana deserves this? thank u, next has got me through some shit, and i think it deserves like, more than anything in the world. i love you so much. i'm not gonna waste your time, i'm really not. i love you, thank you for this."

finneas leaned forward. "thank you to the recording academy, um, thank you again to our team, our family, to the people who have supported us from the beginning. to me, it's, we didn't write a speech for this 'cause we didn't make this album to win a grammy, we didn't think it would win anything ever. um, we wrote a album about depression, suicidal thoughts, and climate change, and being the bad guy, whatever that means. and um, we stand up here confused and grateful."

billie leaned forward again. "thank you."

-

a while later, we had left the grammy's, changed clothes, and set off to the umg grammy after party.

billie's hand was holding mine across the center console of her car, our fingers interlaced tightly. "i'm so proud of you, but i wanted to hit you every time you said that you didn't deserve the award, because you most definitely do."

she laughed as she came to a red light, turning to face me. "but i don't! there were so many other people there tonight that deserved them way more than i do!"

"billie, i've seen how hard you've worked to get to where you are today. you deserve everything you got today."

she leaned over and placed a soft kiss to my lips. "thank you, angel."

"you're welcome, bubbie."

about fifteen minutes later, we were pulling into a parking spot. we got out of her car and walked into the building hand in hand. once we made it in, people immediately noticed, and came over to congratulate billie.

my eyes widened when i saw brendan, tyler, and dahlia. i quickly made my way over to them and crashed into them, wrapping my arms around them.

"i thought you said you couldn't make it?" i questioned once i pulled away.

"you really thought that we were gonna miss this?" tyler asked with a laugh.

billie approached us, giving the twins and dahlia a hug as well. "did you know about this?" i asked, referring to the ty, brendan, and dahlia being here.