you've got mail + playboiuzi

𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙮𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙚-𝙢𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙨 𝙟𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙣 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙝

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

— october 21 2019, 11:10 am
glendale high school —

SYMERE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO TALK TO JORDAN without somehow sticking his foot in his mouth.

he always fumbled his words in front of the model-like man who he grew to call his crush, so he preferred not to talk to him in person. when he was able to proofread and analyze his words before pressing send, there was less potential for fucking up and possibly ruining everything between them before it even started.

which is why when the two of them were selected to work as partners on a world history project, symere suggested that they speak over email. it was old fashioned and a bit outdated, sure, but he used the excuse of professionalism to hide the fact that he was really, really, really, bad at talking.

they could've just texted each other, but symere didn't even have the balls to ask him for his number. he was completely unable to hold any semblance of a conversation with the guy, it was actually quite pathetic.

at least jordan didn't question it, because he himself wasn't a huge talker. he may have been amongst the more popular students at glendale high, but he mainly kept to himself.

you'd think that would help, but his reserved nature only made him more unapproachable and intimidating to symere. how do you start a conversation with someone who doesn't even talk?

symere was totally fine and complacent with silently pining over jordan and never making a move. he'd fantasize about what it'd be like to be his boyfriend, and sometimes he'd even practice what he'd say to ask him out, but at the end of the day, symere lacked the guts to ever truly speak up.

he'd always be a window shopper; longingly gazing at what he'd never have.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

" ayo, monty, guess what i just did? "

symere swung his legs in the air as he held his brand new iphone 11 up to his left ear, laying stomach first on top of his bed talking to his best friend, montero.

"  ... did you tell jordan you liked him yet? " montero's words dripped with sarcasm. of course he hasn't.

" yeah, and i also traveled to the moon," symere rolled his eyes.