stage fright + playboifaygo

the one where andre opens up for jordan on tour and gets nervous

 ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

june 13 2022, 8:45 pm
backstage at the narcissist tour —

TO SAY THAT ANDRE WAS SIMPLY "NERVOUS" was one hell of an understatement.

ever since he had been announced to be the opening act on the second leg of the "narcissist" tour, he had been paralyzed by fear. which was a slight dramatization, but it wasn't far from the truth. 

of course he was grateful for the opportunity. carti was a way bigger artist than he was, and being able to tour with him was going to boost his career to new heights. that was part of why he was so anxious about things.

carti's fanbase was notorious for being hard to please, and outright rude to his opening acts. andre shuddered remembering how they treated rico nasty during the first leg of the tour. if they treated her like that, there was no telling what they'd do to him. was someone just about to jump onstage and beat his ass or what?

even with all of those thoughts storming his mind, he decided to push them to the back of his mental. he performed at rolling loud of all events, if he could handle that, he could definitely handle this tour.

his optimism lasted up until the first night of the tour. lisbon, portugal, 8:45 pm, just 15 minutes until he was scheduled to go on and perform his set.

and he was currently backstage having a panic attack.

"i can't!" andre cried out, backing away further from the stage. "i can't i can't i cant, i can't do it."

his entire body was trembling with nerves and he felt as if he was going to throw up. his heart rate was at an all time high.

the staff member who witnessed this just rolled his eyes at andre. he was wasting everyone's time.

"look kid, you're on in 15 minutes," he stated flatly. "you need to calm down and get ready to go out there."

needless to say, that just made andre feel even worse.

"i'm s-sorry," andre stuttered, unable to even look the man in his eye as he fought back tears, "i just can't, i can't do it. it's too much."

andre wished he could just pull himself together, it'd make things a lot easier for everyone and he hated inconveniencing other people.