fading + sotecca

the one where tyler notices what's going on with andre before anyone else, and tries to help before it's too late

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

this oneshot is about eating disorders, and so it can get very graphic and triggering at times. feel free to skip this oneshot if you need to! take care of yourselves and i love you.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

- november 10 2018, 6:20 am
andre's house -

THE FIRST THING ANDRE DID before he did anything else during mornings, was weigh himself. before he showered, put on deodorant, showered, or washed his face, he had to step on the scale that rested right outside of the shower to see how he was shaping up that day.

he was almost never satisfied with the number he saw staring back at him. it's been this way for years at this point, he couldn't even pinpoint where it started.

it was 6:20 A.M on a school day, and like clockwork, the boy stepped onto the scale, awaiting the number that would tell him if he'd allow himself to eat today or not.

126 pounds. not bad, considering that this time last week he was 130, but he still was nowhere near his goal.

he sighed to himself. he definitely wouldn't be eating today.

andre often rode his bike to and from school. it was good exercise and it helped keep the pounds off from his thin frame. he'd walk to school, but he lived too far away for all of that.

doing physical activity on a chronically empty stomach was never a good idea, as he'd often come to school disoriented and dizzy after the bike ride, but sitting down and having a drink of water often helped him regain his composure.

he always kept a water bottle handy, because it was one of the only things he'd allow into his body. water didn't have calories, so it was safe. sure, water weight was a thing, but he found that water weight usually went away after he pissed. he made sure to piss multiple times a day to keep the water weight off.

the first person to notice that something was wrong was tyler. he was his best friend after all, so he'd obviously notice that andre never seemed to be hungry anymore, and always had a convenient excuse on why he couldn't eat. or why his once vibrant brown eyes were now dull and dead, the spark behind them gone.

he started subtly trying to get andre to eat something, not wanting to be too pushy or annoying but still being worried about his friend. at lunch, he'd offer him some of his food, or offer to share snacks with him between classes. the answer was always the same. he wasn't hungry, or he didn't like the food being offered.