no new friends! + twinsumkan

the one where deante and keandrian find out they hurt benjamin's feelings, and promptly make it up to him

the one where deante and keandrian find out they hurt benjamin's feelings, and promptly make it up to him. ( ⁱⁿᵗᵉʳˢᵉˣ ᵇᵉⁿʲᵃᵐⁱⁿ )

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

— april 11 2021, 1:13 pm
fieldman high school —

IT WAS ALWAYS BENJAMIN, DEANTE AND KEANDRIAN no matter what. you couldn't think of one without thinking of the other two. that's just how things have always been.

the three of them had been an inseparable trio ever since they met in freshman year of high school. they all had the same homeroom class, and sat at the same cluster of desks, so it was no wonder that the teens bonded quickly over their shared love of music and video games.

and now, in their senior year, four years after their initial bond, they were still going as strong as ever.

or at least they were. up until about two months ago.

benjamin could feel the cracks beginning to form in the surface of an otherwise solid friendship when he noticed that deante and keandrian stopped inviting him over to their houses all of a sudden. it'd always become an excuse. deante had homework to catch up on, or keandrian had errands to run, or deante was coming down with the flu and couldn't hang out.

benjamin was understanding and he accepted the excuses at face value. he understood that shit happened sometimes, and they couldn't always be together 24/7. it was healthy to have a little space with your friends sometimes and not be in their faces all the time. so he didn't let it get to him.

then he started noticing that they would avoid him at school also, and that they started to make plans with each other without including benjamin in them.

that was when his feelings started to get hurt.

it was one thing to get in a fight with his friends, it happened all of the time. with four years of friendship and headstrong personalities coming to the surface, there had been a host of disagreements and conflicts within their friendship over the years. but for deante and keandrian to just, stop talking to him out of the blue, not even telling him what he did wrong or if he did anything wrong at all?

it definitely fucked with his psyche. 

benjamin felt especially dejected today about the ridge between himself and the two men that he considered his best friends. even through all of the avoidance and the secret plans, they still, at the very least, always ate lunch together. sure, the lunches would have an awkward air to them, as benjamin didn't really know what to say during conversations anymore because he no longer had anything in common with his friends, but it was still a part of tradition that couldn't be broken.