silence + twinsummrs

in which deante falls for a deaf boy

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

— september 3 2019, 4:45 pm
gsu campus —

IT WAS VERY RARE for deante to see someone so beautiful that it left him legitimately speechless.

but just as he was leaving his afternoon "introduction to sociology" class, he saw a person who was so breathtakingly ethereal that he stopped dead in his tracks.

sitting on one of the many benches out on campus, was the prettiest boy that deante had ever seen. he was quite small, he had to be only about 5'7 or 5'8 at the most, and thin as well, the baby blue hoodie he wore practically swallowed his small frame.
his skin was the perfect shade of sienna, and underneath the afternoon sunlight, he was golden. his hair was a rich honey blonde color, growing out freely and messily.

now, deante couldn't really get that good of a look for his actual facial features, since the boy had his nose in a book, but he liked what he saw so far.

he continued to watch him read from afar, before he realized that it was kind of fucking weird to stare at a stranger in public.

he was bold; he decided to make a move.

deante walked over towards the bench where the pretty man was reading and took a seat next to him. the mystery man noticed deante, and gave him a smile and a wave before returning to his book.

agh, so cute! he had the most endearing smile deante had ever seen!

he returned the smile before introducing himself. "hey, i'm deante."

the man did not reply. instead, he just went back to reading.

deante didn't think much of it. he continued trying to make conversation.

"so, what are you reading?" he attempted to spark up a conversation once again, but fell short.

deante inspected him for earbuds, but nope, his ears, from what he could see, were completely unobstructed. he was just ignoring him.

"you want me to leave you alone or something?" deante asked. still no response, "can i at least know what your name is?"

radio silence.

"are you deaf or something? why aren't you saying anything?" deante continued to push, before he was cut off by a third person.