I set everything down and got comfy in my seat, booting the computer up before opening the folder. My stomach churned when I saw the cover to the album. Was it a joke or something? Of course not. How did I not figure out that One Directions album would be what everyone wanted? Urg, okay! I wasn’t annoyed at the fact I had to review a One Direction album; I was kind of looking forward to listening to it before anyone else. The thing that annoyed me was the fact that Harry’s face was on the front and he was wearing that same smirk he’d used on me yesterday. Why had I even thought that he may actually like me and want to get to know me? How naive was I? I mean he was an international heartthrob whereas I was a seventeen year old apprentice. Our worlds just didn’t mix and they never would, yet I had that hope that thought just maybe they could. Well, that was until he’d thrown it back at my face and gave me an invalid phone number.

I opened the CD case to ‘Take me Home’ their second studio album and popped it into the CD player. I would have to forget everything that happened yesterday and just write the review honestly, I probably wouldn’t be thinking that though when his voice was blasting through my headphones.

‘Live While We’re Young’ was the first track on the album followed by a track called Kiss you. As the song started with Zayn I began to make a few notes on it, casually tapping my foot slightly to the beat. Well that was until Harry began to sing, I scowled at the screen. Just listening to that deep, husky voice threw so many emotions at me. Part of me had a slight soft spot for him since for the time with him he made me feel on top of the world, but then I remember how much of a jerk he was and I just want him to fall in a hole and not be able to get out. I had to admit though the song was pretty good.

As the songs played I couldn’t help but hum along to some of them as I made notes. I could tell the album was going to be huge hit with fans. Once they had all finished playing I read through my notes and began to write a review of the album. It took a good few attempts and spelling errors but I think I finally had a winner. I read it one final time making sure everything was okay. Mark knew that it would be on his desk by the end of the day, I always liked it to finish it on the day I got it but he always gave me until Wednesday just in case I needed the time.

‘Take Me Home’ One Direction review by Sophie Trevor

One Direction have gone and done it again. A second studio album which will leave screaming teens up and down the country singing at the top of their lungs – much to the annoyance of their parents. Last year One Direction’s debut album ‘Up All Night’ took the world by storm, and Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik and Harry Styles were spiralled into stardom, becoming the biggest boy-band of the current generation.

They’ve been compared to The Beatles and the likes of some of the great classic artists of all time. So is their album as good as it’s hyped up to be? Well they’ve definitely come back with bigger tunes and songs that will leave you humming unconsciously; no doubt it will be a chart success. With catchy songs such as C’mon C’mon, Rock You and Kiss You as well as ballads like Little Things, Summer Love and Over Again they hit both sides of the market. Fans are going to love the vocals by all five members, and it shows their uncanny talent to get the audience singing along.

Ed Sheeran and Mcfly’s contribution to the songs add a vintage touch to the pop album, and no doubt it will find itself in the top ten, and more importantly have us up on our feet ****

(Oh and yes I did just give it four stars, hehe)

I printed it off and walked back to Mark’s desk. As usual he wasn’t surprized at how quickly I had got it back to him. “You get quicker every time” he joked as I gave it to him. I sat on the empty chair opposite him and waited as he read it. I always got nervous as he read it as it felt like judgement day, what if he didn’t like it?