Chapter 8

Chapter 8

When I arrived back home at half past five later that day and paid the taxi driver there was a large silver car parked on the road and I knew exactly who it was. Sure enough as I began to walk up the path to the front door I heard the slam of a car door, turning around Niall and Liam were bounding over to me with smiles on their faces. Niall wore a red hoodie, black jeans and a white cap, while Liam wore dark denim jeans, a white top and a black hoodie with the hood up. “Hey guys” I grinned back hugging them, to be honest it felt pretty good not having to pretend to be someone else, and thank god I didn’t have wear that wig any more, it itched the heck out of me.

“Hey Soph” Liam smirked sticking his tongue out, I hit him on the arm before turning to Niall who was munching on what looked like a liquorish stick.  “Hungry Niall?” I asked grinning and opening the door at the same time, I turned just in time to see him nodding his head with wide eyes, when he realized I was teasing him however he pouted like a little kid. “Don’t worry I’ll order a pizza or something in a bit” I informed him, even though he did eat a lot, and talk about food a lot, the fans exaggerated his little habit to the point where they thought he ate every minute of every day, which I can say was not true. Sure he liked food but that was it.

“Where’s the rest of your family?” Liam asked pulling a chair out and sitting at the kitchen table, I grabbed a carton of orange juice from the fridge and poured some in three glasses. “My brothers got a football presentation so they won’t be back until later tonight” even though the actual ‘getting the trophies’ only lasted an hour my family always made a big deal of it, going out for something to eat afterwards. I didn’t really see the point.

“So, uh, where’s the rest of the boys and why are you here?” I asked bluntly, not that I didn’t want them to be here I’d just been wondering why all day and I wanted to find out. “Well I had to nip home for a day to see my family about something, and seeing as all the others are in the recording studio and we’ve done our vocals Niall decided to tag along. We thought we’d take a detour on the way back to London since you’re sort of in the middle” I nodded, it made sense. “So you go back to London today?” I asked wondering how long I had with them and how we’d sort this plan out. “No tomorrow, we’ll have to leave in a bit though and find a hotel since the driver only booked a room for himself” Niall added, I nodded holding my finger up and grabbing the house phone walking out and quickly making a call.

“Hey mum” I said cheerfully hoping this would work. “Hey sweetie, is everything okay?” she asked, it sounded like they were at the presentation already. “Yeah everything’s fine. I just have a favour to ask, you know how I ended up becoming friends with that band?” I waited for her to answer already knowing what it would be. “One Direction? Yes I do?” she questioned wanting to know what I wanted. “Well two of the members are here until tomorrow and they need somewhere to stay, can they stay  in the guest room for just one night please?” if I was asking her in person I would have pulled a puppy dog face, but since I didn’t have that advantage I just had to hope for the best.

“You are just friends with these boys right?” she asked after a minute, I rolled my eyes at the wall. “Yes mum of course” I shook my head, what kind of girl did she think I was? “Alright, well as long as there’s no funny business they can stay” I almost fist pumped the air, but didn’t, because well that would have just been weird. “I promise, thanks mum see you later” I hung up and grinned heading back to the kitchen where 2/5ths of the world’s most famous band were laughing at an old picture of me that that was stuck on the fridge.

“Hey, don’t laugh I went through a very awkward stage for a few years” I shuddered thinking about my full fridge, disastrous clothing choices and glasses. Yes I had something in common with Hannah, but it wasn’t something I liked to brag about. “Well puberty did something right” Niall winked and ducked away the punch I was about to throw at him. Both boys laughed returning to sit at the kitchen table. “Well I was going to say your hotel room is booked, but now I’m not so sure” I grinned giving them both an evil glare. “Aw come on!” Niall grinned and I couldn’t help but let the corners of my mouth turn up too. “Alright I’ll give you another chance, you can stay here tonight, I cleared it with my mum so you’re all good” Liam stood up hugging me to say thank you and Niall followed suit. I was going to say they didn’t need to thank me but I wasn’t going to turn down a hug.