Chapter 5

Chapter 5

My mum didn’t believe me when I explained everything to her, or maybe she just didn’t want to believe me. After all, was it really a good thing if your daughter became really good friends with the biggest band around? Thousands of people could turn on you at any minute. “As long as you’re careful Sophie. I don’t really like the idea of you pretending to be someone else, it could all go really wrong, but I’m going to trust you” she admitted, I smiled and gave her a brief hug before going up to my room to watch a movie.

I didn’t really get the chance to watch much of the movie, the boy kept texting me about the most random things. Niall asked me what he should have on his pizza, Louis kept going on about penguins, Zayn asked if I had any tattoos (which I don’t – me and needles just don’t mix. Though I had always wanted to get a small one), Liam and I were having a conversation about how much we both loved Batman, and finally Harry was asking more about my chocolate obsession. I had to be really careful about not slipping, I’d said that my favourite drink was hot chocolate (with cream and marshmallow’s) and that given any opportunity I would be eating chocolate.

I was still unsure about what I thought about being friends with One Direction, I mean they were all really nice and had fun with outgoing personalities, but they were famous and I wasn’t. Our worlds just didn’t mix (unless it was with my job, after all that was how I had met them all again).  

My phone beeped and I looked down to see which of the five boys had messaged me, it was Harry. He’d saved his name as ‘Harry Hazza Hooo Ha’ I was glad that I’d saved the bogus number he’d given me at the service station under the name of Curly. It was ironic that he hadn’t wanted me to have his number, yet when I was dressed as someone else he was quite happy too, it made me think it was something to do with the way I looked because my personality was the same. I had avoided looking at the contact named ‘Curly’ and that was how I planned on keeping it. ‘So do you want to do something chocolate related tomorrow? Or are you busy? I mean with the boys of course because it’s our last day before we go back down to London Thursday? J’. I thought about it for a minute, I might as well right? I mean as soon as they go back to the big city they’ll forget about me so I might as well make the most of it.

TO: Harry Hazza Hooo Ha: I would love to, I’m holding you down to that chocolate though! :P . I hit send and sat back to watch the last few minutes of the film. As the night went on I got a few more texts from the boys, we arranged when they were going to pick me up, and I had to admit I was looking forward to it.

~

As it always did, time rolled around quickly. Soon enough I was awake, dressed, and ready to go out with the boys. It took me a bit longer than usual to get ready with the wig and everything, but if it meant I wouldn’t go through the humiliation of Harry recognizing me, I was all for it. Bang on time the doorbell rang, since my brother was at school and parents were at work I didn’t have to say bye to anyone so I just grabbed my bag and walked out the door. Niall and Liam were waiting on the doorstep in hats and sunglasses while a silver car waited on the road.

“Morning” Liam greeted me pleasantly. “Morning to you too” I replied while Niall just engulfed me in a hug muttering hello. He laughed when we pulled back and grabbed my hand pulling me into the direction of the car. Liam trudged behind and before I knew it I was half sat on Zayn’s lap, half sat on Harry’s as Louis drove, Liam had shotgun, and Niall was beside Zayn looking out the window. Even though it was illegal having six people in a five seat car, I really didn’t mind – as long as the police weren’t involved anyway! I did however find it slightly awkward being sat on their laps, especially Harry’s. I hadn’t really known them very long at all, and both boys either side held onto my waist since I couldn’t exactly wear a seatbelt. “I’m not too lumpy am I?” I asked a bit paranoid, both Harry and Zayn chuckled saying no – that was an up I suppose.