Hatching Plans with The Wanted

Start from the beginning

"Fine," I replied stubbornly, crossing my arms. "What's the job?"

They exchanged looks.

"Well.." Max began, "We were thinking, since Nathan didn't beat you up, maybe you could come with us and dig in deeper? You know, find out the root cause of the way he's acting? We need to find out soon, or we're gonna have to kick him out of the group."

I snorted. That job is virtually impossible. "You're kidding me, right?"

"I know it seems impossible but-"

"And just because he didn't beat me up the first time? What if he had the chance THIS TIME? What if he suddenly got full of me?"

Max smirked. "We've got a feeling... But we're not sure if you'd like it."

I arched an eyebrow. "What is it this time?"

Tom looked at the others before answering. "Well.. It's been a long time since Nathan behaved under the, um, temper of a girl, and that was the time of his long-time ex-girlfriend. We think he may have... a, um, 'thing' for you."

If I had a drink, these guys would probably be covered in it.

"Uh, if you don't know, April Fool's is a month away. Stop playing me."

"But we weren't!" Max said.

"Yeah, right. And him having a 'thing' for me is STILL virtually impossible. How do you chaps know?!"

Jay grinned at me. "We've lived with him for 2 years already, Alex. Don't you think we've already memorized his mannerisms? His attitude?"

I smirked. "Yeah, well, how can you be sure?"

They looked at each other again and shared mischievous grins. "You are going to choose one of us to fake-date."

My eyes widened to its extent. "What? Don't you think that'll infuriate him more? Does the word 'murder' ring a bell? If he DOES like me anyway."

Max returned the smirk. "You've got him under your spell. We've just got to prove it."

I shook my head. "Don't you think that'll ruin my reputation? Fake-dating one of you then getting up close and personal with Nathan? You do know that'll make me look like a slut, right?"

"You're not going to do that all at once, duh. We are going to figure out if he does like you, then you'll go and do your job, a few weeks later." Tom explained.

I groaned and planted my face in one of the cushions. "You guys are cray cray."

"So you'll do it?" Jay said, excitement clear in his voice.

I sat up. "Wait, so me and whoever I'll pick are really going to go 'Public?'"

They all nodded.

"So..." Siva began. "Who's it gonna be?"

I cocked my head. "I want somebody fun to be with, so that I might actually enjoy this experience."

I stared at each of them. They stared back at me, waiting for my decision.

"JAY!" I cried out suddenly, pointing an index finger at him, making him and all the others jump. "I'm choosing you."

"Alright," he said, grinning and kneeling down at my feet. He took my hand in his. "Alex Meyer, I've been given the honor to fake-date somebody as beautiful as you. I'm going to give you the best experience ever, I promise. Soooo... Will you go on a movie marathon with me?"

I felt my cheeks heat up. This is all fake, but really, a guy kneeling in front of you and saying all those cheesy stuff is enough to make any girl go nuts. Toss in the fact that he's JAY MCGUINESS from The Wanted. Fangirls would kill to be in my position.