Oh, shit.

"Oh. You're awake," I said, sighing.

"Duh, dumbass. Now, who're you and what are you doing here?" He replied, pouring milk into a bowl of cheerios.

Anger swelled up inside me, somehow giving me enough confidence to march up to him.

"I happen to be the one who took you in, after you passed out in my car. I stitched up your wound, cleaned you up, and let you spend the night," I began, making my tone as deadly as possible. "I let you sleep in my room, and sacrificed the joy of sleep to take care of you. Okay?"

He arched an eyebrow at me. "Okay," He said, grabbing the bowl of cereal and plopping down on the couch. "Do you, by any chance, have somebody to give me a nice massage? My body's aching all over. Oh, and I need aspirin. My head's pounding!"

My jaw dropped down to the floor.

Talk about ego.

"Today, please?" He said cockily, holding out the empty bowl.

I swear, that had cereal before.

I sighed instead, grabbing a glass of water, aspirin, and an ice pack. That bruise looks really nasty.

I pressed the pack to his forehead, harder than intended, making him jump. "Hold this, it'll help the swelling go down. Here's your aspirin, and water to wash it down," he opened his mouth to speak. "And no, I do not have somebody to give you a shiatsu. Anything else?"

"Well, now that-" He began.

I face-palmed myself. "SAVE IT! I'm gonna take a bath. Stay there, do not do anything."

"Didn't think of it."

~

Five minutes later, I walked out of my bathroom, feeling calmer and more refreshed.

I let out a scream when I saw another person in my room.

"WHAT THE FUCK?! I TOLD YOU TO STAY DOWN THERE!" I bellowed, clutching the towel tighter around my underwear-clad body.

Nathan laughed, amusement gracing his features. "Nice dress you got there, babe."

I stare at him in disbelief. "What the- GET OUT!"

Instead of obliging, he yawned and stretched casually on my bed.

"You can dress up here, I won't peek." He replied mischievously, winking at me.

I put a hand to my temple. "Pervert. GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM!"

He sighed. "Look, just get your clothes and dress up in the bathroom. Is that so hard to do?"

I shook my head. "What, so you're taking over my room now? GET. OUT."

He let out a sigh of defeat, but the smirk never left his face. He held up his arms in surrender. "Don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm leaving, I'm leaving!"

I chucked a pillow at him. He laughed.

No sooner I had finished dressing up and making myself at least presentable, I heard a cry of pain downstairs. I immediately sprinted out.

My jaw dropped at the sight at the foot of the stairs.

Nathan was sprawled on the floor, face down, with my dog licking the back of his neck.

His eyes looked glassy, dazed. I recovered from my shock.

"Blackjack! C'mere, baby, what have you done?! That wasn't very nice!" I cried out, holding out my arms, waiting for the Golden Retriever to jump in.