°19°

This chapter is dedicated to Danielsbih You needed and update, here's one ❤

Above is a picture of Jeremiah

Enjoy.

                      ~°~°~°~°~

               °Jeremiah's POV°

Reaching the entrance to the house, I retrieved my backpack from Abdullahi, like always. I hung my backpack on one shoulder, and stepped into the house. Reaching the living room, I was greeted by a sterned looking father and mother.

Feeling confuse like every sane human would do, I slowly walked down the four steps in front of the glass door that's normally leading to the living room.

"What is it?" I asked suddenly, once my legs had hit the creamy tiles at the living room. I swung my backpack on one of the couches, while Benita not so secretly told Omoye, to get my backpack and take it upstairs.

"Jeremiah Emediong Chinonso Genesis Valentine! what have you done?!" Mother shrieked all of a sudden.

"I'm sure it's something serious since you've decided to call me by my full name," I said nonchalantly. I was still a bit confuse though. This wasn't my normal 'welcome home son'.

"Have a seat," Dad instructed, which I did without complaint. "Your uncle Bolaji called today," Dad sat at his big red personal chair. "He informed us that Femi, reported to him about you, destroying his phone. When did you start breaking people's phone?! Have you started doing that because you're opportune to be from a wealthy home?!"

"Destroy, no...." I dragged sarcastically. "The phone happened to slip from my hands and smacked the wall."

"Oh Jeremiah Emediong Chinon___"

"Mum, just Jeremiah is fine by me." I quickly said.

"You're grounded," Dad stood up from his chair. "For a week."

"Grounded?" Mother stood up, staring at father in bewilderment. "You're the one spoiling this boy, my husband. Just give me a day, a day to deal with him the way my mother did to Okon and I."

"I was helping a friend, mum." I said immediately, not ready for my mother's fury. "I didn't break his phone because I was a sadist and wanted to, I did that because he was harassing a friend, the girl I told you and dad about."

"Not everything revolves around violence, Jeremiah." Mother sighed at me.

"I'm not a violent person," I reminded both my parents. How they forget about that fact, amazed me.

Mum looked at dad, then sighed before moving towards me. "I know you did what you did for a reason. You're my son, and you've always done things for a good reason, right from when you were able to mutter the word daddy. Dad will call your uncle and Femi over, and we'll settle things through that means."

I averted my attention to dad, who nodded his head towards me. "Go have your shower."

I stood up after mum had forcefully kissed my forehead, before going over to my room upstairs.

Once in my room, I quickly got possession of my phone, and texted Dami everything that went down in the living room. He texted back, promising to be at my place soon.

I placed my phone on my bed and began to get out of my school uniform. I really needed that cool shower.

                    ~°~°~°~°~

We all were seated at the living room, my mum, Dad, myself, Uncle Bolaji and Femi. Femi fidgeted nervously with his fingers, as all attention were on him.