Prologue

Seulgi woke up to her face being peppered with kisses

She drowsily looked up to see who it was, eyes avoiding the bright light, and saw that it was Irene. Irene was on top of her and was kissing every inch of her face.

She whined. "Joohyun!"

Irene paused her actions and looked down at Seulgi with a bright smile fixed on her face. "Good morning, Seulgi," she cooed.

It was eleventh of May, and yesterday they had been excused from camp for three days so that they could visit Sandara, Irene's mom. Thankfully, Seulgi had plucked up the courage to talk to Sandara without panicking. Sandara was very kind and well-meaning. When both of them had come out to her, she simply said that whatever Irene did, she would support because she was an adult and free to make her own choices independently. Despite the conservative childhood she had, Sandara was approving.

Seulgi and Irene spent the night at her suite. The suite was luxurious and pretty. It was wide and had two bedrooms: Sandara's and the one they slept in. The floor was elegantly carpeted and all of the place was air-conditioned. Irene was happy to sleep two more nights here; it was comfortable.

"What were you doing?!" Seulgi continued whining at her.

"Kissing you. What else?"

"But you woke me!"

"So so sorry, baby," apologized Irene though her voice never showed a trace of regret. She had just found the girl so adorable wrapped up in a thick comforter with her hair spread on the white pillow. It seemed impossible not to want to put her in her pocket.

"I'm angry at you!"

"Careful there, Miss Princess," warned Irene, giving her a consoling kiss on her plump lips. "We don't yell, remember?"

Seulgi swallowed, remembering how sensitive Irene's ears were that even one small chorus-answering from a classroom could hurt them. "Right. Sorry."

"Aww, it's okay. Want to get breakfast ready with me?"

"What time is it?"

Irene checked her watch, looked up, and said, "It's seven."

"Okay. Can you help me up, please?"

"What a baby."

Seulgi gasped as if those three words were the greatest insults in the world. "No I'm not!"

"Yes you are!"

Irene began to tickle her in her soft spots. She began to screech and squirm and giggle and gasp. Seulgi desperately tried to move away to pretend she wasn't affected, but she was pinned firmly to the bed and was being tickled over and over.