Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Kidnapping of Park Chaeyoung

"Joohyun! Joohyun! Joohyun!"

Irene finally snapped her head towards the girl in front of her, her eyebrows raising. She had been leaning on the younger girl's back for a while when Seulgi had repeatedly called her name.

It was still the seventh day of the quest. They were still in the sky on three beautiful pegasi that had majestic wings. Tayeon was still angry at her.

Welp---

Seulgi tugged on her arm. "Joohyun!" she said again. "You aren't paying attention to me." She pouted, crossing her arms.

Irene brushed her lips on Seulgi's cheek. "Sorry, baby. Just preoccupied in my thoughts, that's all. Do you need anything?" she asked.

"It's almost your birthday! You're turning twenty!"

Oh, right. Her birthday. The quest had taken so much of her energy that she almost forgot that she was going to be twenty on the ninth day, March twenty-ninth.

Irene groaned, slamming her head back into Seulgi's shoulder. "No need to remind me. We're going to have to go to the Council Meeting of the gods, right on my birthday. Plus, I'm gonna be older which just makes matters worse."

Seulgi giggled. "Oldie."

Irene slapped her playfully.

"What do you want for your birthday, Joohyun?"

Irene's mind flashed back to the time Seulgi had made buttered mashed potatoes for her when she was injured. She had particularly liked that food. Should she ask for it or was that too much?

Well, it was her birthday. She could ask for anything.

She had already asked for that. She didn't want food anyways; she would always have the food she wanted at camp: bread and vegetables and grapes. She should ask for something else.

Correction: someone else.

"You," said Irene simply, winking suggestively. Her hand came to rest on Seulgi's thigh.

Seulgi whined, flustered by the sudden sexual tension. Her cheeks were red from embarrassment but her eye smile was present on her face.

"Joohyun!" she said.

"Okay, okay, fine!" Irene said, laughing. "I want this quest to be over and rest. That good enough for you?"