Chapter Five: Daughter of Apollo

Jisoo laughed as she finally hit the volleyball, sending it flying over the net

Jisoo laughed as she finally hit the volleyball, sending it flying over the net. Taehyung groaned when he failed to hit the ball back, making Jisoo earn a point.

"I'm the best!" Jisoo announced, guffawing happily. She loved sports, though she got tired very easily. Sweat trickled down her face but she didn't care; she just won volleyball.

"Lies!" Taehyung said to her. "I just rested my arms!"

"Your loss!"

"Bleh!"

Jisoo laughed good-naturedly again. She adored hanging out with her friends, even though she only had Taehyung for a volleyball opponent; Jennie was doing stuff for Hades.

She ran across the grassy volleyball field to get to the green benches. Her bag was sitting on one of the benches, and so she went to retrieve her bottle of cold iced chocolate milk. She dug inside her bag to find it.

Her hands finally closed around something wet and cold. She smiled, knowing it was the chocolate milk. She fished it out from her extremely messy bag.

She lifted the cap and drank a lot of chocolate milk. She drank more, savoring the sweet taste of the simple beverage.

Jisoo looked around the field. Her eyes spotted Seulgi, a girl from the Apollo cabin, sitting in The Garden of Persephone playing Cat's Cradle with the new girl. The girl had thick pitch black hair and stood out beautifully. She was laughing.

Jisoo squinted her eyes to get a clearer look at the new camper. She looked extremely familiar. The baby face, the hair, the eyes....

Jisoo's eyes widened as she asked out loud, "Irene?"

*****

Wendy had introduced Seulgi to Irene, and Irene to Seulgi. They immediately became friends, and were now huddled up in the Garden of Persephone, playing Cat's Cradle.

Seulgi had black hair and bangs that covered her forehead. Her eyes were like that of a cat's, and she was wearing knee-length shorts and a yellow Camp Half-Blood shirt. The yellow color told Irene that she was a Daughter of Apollo.

Irene giggled excitedly as Seulgi looped her fingers in the pink yarn of the Cat's Cradle.

"Oh gods, this is so hard!" Seulgi complained jokingly. "What if I lose?"

The game of Cat's Cradle actually was quite endless, unless you made a shape that would not allow your fellow player to make another shape. If you do that thing, you would lose. There were many shapes you can make out of Cat's Cradle, a few of them being the Manger, Candles, and Soldier's Bed.

Seulgi looped her fingers through the yarn, and turned it inside out, making another shape. She sighed in relief, now having the yarn of their game hooked on her fingers.