Chapter Thirty-Four: Bubble Tea Bear

Seulgi clutched Irene's arm as she inched to the glass doors of the hotel

The hotel was probably thirty stories tall, not including the basement and staff room. Its walls were silver and the name of the hotel were spelled at the top of the building in bold letters of gold. The luxury of it all made Seulgi feel nervous.

The glass doors automatically slid open, welcoming them. She stepped cautiously on the marble floor, as if afraid that it would break.

Irene laughed. "Seulgi, it's okay! Are you thinking that the floor is going to swallow you all up?"

"Well now I'm thinking about it!" protested Seulgi, clinging to Irene. "It looks too pretty! I'm afraid to touch it."

"Tsk, you're prettier but I'm not afraid to touch you."

The smooth pickup line made Seulgi release a long-drawled whine, her face red. Irene only laughed again and patted her hair, assuring her that there was nothing to be nervous about.

"Seul, it's fine," she pacified her. "My mom is very nice as long as you're nice to her. And you're a very kind person, so she'll dote on you so much."

Seulgi finally made a few steps in the hotel, nervously biting her nails and cracking her knuckles.

Irene told her to refrain from doing so. She reluctantly placed her hands back in her pockets and let Irene lead her.

The inside interior was beautiful; yellow lights lit up and soft seats were put in the corners beside a desk with an upside-down lamp that had plant inside. The room blew cold wind from the air-conditioner and a smooth brown counter was in the center.

Irene went up to the counter, where a man in fine suit greeted them politely.

"Welcome to the Yeonggoch Hotel & Casino, madams," he said. He smoothened his gel-sleek raven hair and smiled kindly. "How may I help you?"

"We're here to—" explained Irene.

"Book a room? What room, madams? We have a spare studio, a comfortable suite—"

"We're here to see Miss Park Sandara," Irene interrupted, annoyed. "She's the manager of this hotel, I believe, and also my mother."

The man flushed. "Oh, well, I apologize. What is your name?"

"Bae Joohyun."

"Aren't you the delinquent who shattered a CCTV ten days ago and stole a car?" the man asked accusingly.

Irene remembered how she and Seulgi and Seungri had stolen a car to get to an airport, and the CCTV she had destroyed before that. She panicked; had she done so much damage to let her face appear on television?

What should she do? She only had a pocket knife with her and the bow and quiver of arrows disguised as a hairclip on her hair. Killing somebody wouldn't help that much, and she was afraid that this man might be a monster. If he was, mortals around them, such as the little blonde girl with her mother seated near the blinded windows, couldn't help them because the Mist would make them see differently.