Chapter Nine: Athena's Assistance

Credits to fallenaengel for making this!

Plus, I just want to thank beomkyeopta-for making the cover of this book! I appreciate the time and effort you exerted in making them!

*****

"Just there, please," said Seulgi to the driver, trying her best to speak English both of them could decipher. She pointed to a café connected to a fitness gym.

"Café?" asked the Chinese driver. He looked very kind, and that surprised Seulgi. She was kind of expecting him to lash a her for not speaking Chinese when she was in China.

"Yes. Café."

The taxi pulled over in frot of the brown café. The doors had aesthetically pleasing flowers on them and adorable drawings. The wallpapers were pink, and the chairs and seats were made of polished wood. Just a few people were in there.

"Thank you," Seulgi said, bowing respectfully. She gave the driver the renminbi and woke Irene by shaking her.

Irene opened her eyes, and rubbed them drowsily. Her immediate words were, "I want to eat."

*****

Once Irene had gotten to her normal self, she went ahead and ordered some food. The menu consisted of small desserts like slices of rainbow cake and muffins. There were cookies too of every kind: oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and red velvet ones. The café also served coffee in cute mugs that looked like pandas.

She did not want to leave Seulgi sitting there though; what if some monster came here?

"What do you want?" Irene asked the younger girl.

They were standing away from the few people lined up in the counter. Sandara had always decided first before ordering; that was probably something Irene learned from her.