Chapter Twenty-Four: Favor of the Gods

Seulgi was thirsty

Seulgi was thirsty.

She leaned against the hippocampus, eyes closed. Her throat felt raw and dry; she was dehydrated. Sure, she had eaten a few chocolate bars, but she needed to suppress her thirst.

She considered drinking saltwater but it would burn her throat and might give her cholera. She licked her lips to moisten them, but it was no use either.

Apollo seemed to have noticed this because the sun hid behind the clouds and Zeus would have known too because a gentle rain started to pour. 

She just wanted to go to Cyprus quickly.

"Faster, please," she told the rainbow-colored hippocampus.

The hippocampus obeyed, speeding up, Seulgi's legs dangling in the waves.

****

Irene couldn't believe how stupid she was.

How could she forget about the coffin of Kronos? It should be delivered back to the Underworld for it to be placed back in Tartarus. Now it was gone. And it was all her fault.

She ran down the island, giving up after her thorough search. The coffin was gone now.

She pressed her fingers into her temple and let out a loud groan. What if she would cause trouble just by forgetting about it?

There was nothing she could do now though; it was gone, and Titans like Kronos always rose. It was none of her business and she needed to focus on something else.

Seulgi, Seulgi, Seulgi, Seulgi.....

Yes! Checking on Seulgi would distract her and soothe her worries about the younger.

She rushed to the souvenir store, stole the old drachmas they had over the years, and ran out. She stood near the sea and tossed the large coin in the waves, where the sun reflected and caused mini rainbows.

Prayer! she reminded herself.

"O goddess, accept my offering," she prayed.

For a moment, nothing happened. Dread filled Irene; was Seulgi okay? What happened to her? Was she safe?

A rainbow mist appeared, showing Seulgi riding a colorful fish that resembled a seahorse. Seulgi was on top of the large creature, legs dangling in the water and arms tracing the waves.

"Seulgi!" Irene said loudly.

Seulgi's eyes fluttered open. Irene was relieved, but she still was worried by the stiff composure Seulgi held.

"Joohyun? Are you okay?"

"Yes I am, sweetheart. You should be the one I'm asking that," said Irene, taking a seat on the yellow sand. "You look terrible."