Chapter 47

Friday 1st January
Dear my very sweet angel
~•~
Lillia

"Happy new year!" I herd cheer from the common rooms below and fireworks - presumably from the Weasly twins -whilst Cedric and I were sitting on my bed in the girl's dorms.

"Happy new year Angel." He grinned.

"Happy new year Ceddo." I gave a light smile and he bent down to peck my lips. "You should be down there celebrating with everyone else, not moping with me."

"Nah, who cares about a stupid new years part, you're more important." Cedric ruffled my hair but I put up no fight.

"A new years party that you planned every single year before this." I pointed out. "Besides, how did you even get up here? Boys aren't allowed up here."

"A man has his ways." He chuckled as if he were telling an inside-joke to himself.

"Right...Oh!"

"What is it?"

"I forgot to give you your Christmas present!" I said, looking in my trunk. "It's not as big or thoughtful as yours but I think you'll like it."

I rummaged around until I felt it. It was wrapped neatly - a little squashed by the weight of the things in my trunk - and I plopped it onto his lap. Quickly, I sat behind him, resting my chin on his shoulder.

He tore the tape of the present carefully and put the wrapping to one side. A large leather book with gold writing sat on his lap. Memories we shall never forget ~ Cedric and Lillia.

"Come on, open it," I whispered into his ear excitedly. He smiled and flipped the front cover, showing the first page. The day we met. 7.12.1993

"How did you get this?" He asked in shock as the picture moved. His signature grin, as he attempted to use a pickup line on me, faltered when I walked away.

"Y'know Colin Creevey?"

"He was there?"

"Apparently. I asked him if he had any pictures of us together and he had loads. Turns out that he wanted us to get together from the start." I chuckled.

Cedric flipped over another page. It was a picture of me tugging on his sleeve in the hospital wing, our clothes were wet and hair was stuck to my face. The day we became friends. 7.12.1993

"This is a cute photo." He mumbled. I kissed his cheek softly in response.

This time, I reached over his arm and turned a sheet again. Our first kiss. 18.12.1993 The image was of me pulling him down by his shirt and us locking lips swiftly.

He breathed out happily. "Wow, you look great at that angle."

I laughed half-heartedly and closed the cover. "You can look at this later. Why don't you go and join everyone else downstairs?"

"I like being up here." Cedric smiled and flopped backwards, squishing me underneath him.

"Ced! Get off!" I laughed, forgetting about everything for a while.

"Mmm, no. You're comfy." He teased.

I hummed innocently while flipping him over so he was on his stomach. Cedric squirmed and flipped onto his back while I hovered over him, my arms supporting me. "I like this," I commented as his cheeks turned a nice rosy colour.

"L-Lills!" I smirked and bent down to kiss him to shut him up. I closed my eyes and felt him deepen the kiss quickly. Cedric pulled away to catch his breath and leaned in again but I diverted my lips to his jawline and started planting tiny pecks down to his neck. "H-hey, that tickles..."