Chapter 34

Wednesday 4th October
Dear my very sweet angel
~•~

Lillia

Day after day, they were all the same. Ever since September 30th, Liam was worse that before. He was only sweet when others were around. He hurt me daily. He didn't care about me anymore. But it's okay, he does it to make me smarter, he does it because he loves me. Right?

Hitting me just disciplines me, nothing too bad or aggressive, nothing just for the fun of it.

"Hello! Earth to Lillia." I heard Addi call in a sing-song voice.

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Sorry, what were you saying?"

"I was saying, why did you come into lessons with a bloody nose on Thursday?" She asked as she bit into a treacle tart.

"As I said, I ran into a wall." I said, almost automatically.

"Lillia, as someone who's ran into a wall multiple times in her life, you don't break your nose from that." She countered.

"I just ran into it really really hard." I shrugged and took a cupcake and bit into it. Wait I shouldn't, I'll get fat.

I swallowed the bite anyway but put it down. I looked around the table. "Where are the others?"

"If you had been listening, they were going to talked to some of the boys." She shrugged.

"Why didn't you go?" I said, trying to change the subject.

"They were off to flirt with them, that's not exactly the kind of activity I enjoy doing." She put the rest of her dessert into her mouth and chewed.

"Fair enough." I smirked a little. "And what activity do you enjoy doing then?" I tried to hold back laughter as her face became appalled.

"Lillia Hope! You're nasty!" She raised her hand as if she were about to hit me. I cowered away and braced for the impact. You too? "Lills?"

"Lillia, I'm not gonna hurt you." She said in a hushed tone. I hesitated but went back to normal and tried to act as if nothing happened.

"Sorry."

"No, Lillia, that's not normal behaviour, especially not from you. What's going on?" She placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

Can't tell.

"Nothing, uh I'm just joking around!" I let out a forced giggle.

"Lillia, if you expect me to believe that, you're an absolute clown." She sighed.

"Erm, I'm just paranoid about...the tournament!"

"Lillia, I'm getting the truth out of you even if it's the last thing I do." She promised. Thankfully for me, the rest of the girls came back just in time for me to not answer.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go to class a little early, I agreed to meet up with...Gabriel." I lied.

"Alright, see you in lessons!" They said goodbye and I started to leave.