Chapter 36

Sunday 15th October
Dear my very sweet angel
~•~

Lillia

I'm scared. I'm scared of everyone. No one trusts me anymore. I don't trust anyone. Somebody help me please!

"Get out of my house you wench!" Liam yelled and threw an empty glass bottle at me. Why is he dressed like that?

"No! This is my house too!" I managed to yell and dodged the shards that came from the glass explosion.

"I said...GET OUT!" He yanked me by my hair and lead me to the front door. "I never want to see your ugly complexion here again." He snarled and opened the door.

He took my wrist and practically threw me onto the doorstep. "And to make it easier for your next suitor, be a good housewife would you?" And with that he slammed the door. Housewife? The house that I was just thrown out of was a beat up cottage, barely considered a house.

I looked down at my outfit, I was dressed just as oddly as Liam, long, ragged skirt, apron draped over a corseted dress.

Where am I?

"Maiden? Are you alright?" Cedric?

"Erm yes, thank you." He held out his hand and I took it.

"Now, what is a fair lady doing sitting on the doorstep of this home?"

This is so weird. "I was just kicked out of my house."

"You talk oddly, maiden." What's up with the Maiden talk?

"Me? Your the one who's talking as if we're in the 1870's." I said with gritted teeth, baffled.

"Are you sane? We are in the 1870's." My mouth dropped into an 'o' shape. "You are lost?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Well, it is far too dangerous for a woman to be on her own in these streets, please, come with me."

"I don't even know your name yet!"

"Cedric." At least thats the same. "And you?"

"Lillia."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful woman." He took my hand and placed a cheeky kiss on my knuckles. Very very strange.

"Uh thank you."

"Now, let us be on our way." He started walking and since he never let go of my hand, he dragged me with.

He lead me to another cottage, a nicer one this time. He pushed the door open and lead me to the kitchen. "Sister! I am back."

A woman poked her head around the corner. Addison?

"Brother! Who is this woman?" She asked, her hair braided and blonde.

"This is Lillia. Lillia, this is Adeline , my sister." Adeline?

"Nice to meet you." I said. She looked at me slightly funny.