Chapter 41

Sunday 24th November
Dear my very sweet angel
~•~

Lillia

"What do you mean you beat him up!"

"I mean that I punched him, many times." He replied wittily.

"No I mean why? Cedric, that's not like you."

"It doesn't matter why, but are you mad at me?" He looked up at me and I just looked deep into his grey eyes, full of innocence and kindness.

"I don't think I have the ability to be mad at you Ceddo." If I could, I would've smiled at him. 

"That's a relief, I don't think I could possibly survive without you Angel." He joked.

"I'm still curious though, why did you punch Liam?" I wanted to pretend I was mad but I felt like I just couldn't.

"That's something for another day angel. How's the burn?" He changed the subject completely.

"As good as a burn could be." I scoffed. "I can barely talk without it feeling like a needle is poking my face 1000 times a minute."

"Damn, well you looked cool as hell out there in the arena."

"Even though I got burnt?"

"No doubt about it." He said, matter-of-factly.

"That makes me feel a hell of a lot better about myself."

"Do you wanna go see the scores?"

"Absolutely not."

"Why?" He moaned.

"I don't need to know, it's fine I did my best and that's what matters right?"

"I guess, if it makes you feel better, Viktor's dragon crushed half of his eggs."

"That's tough for him, but I'm still not gonna go see the scores."

"Damn it." He pouted innocently. Cute.

"Don't give me that look Ceddo."

"What look?"

"I-never mind." Blushing, I looked away. I haven't felt like this since...summer.

"Well, I'm sure the other champions are almost finished now."

"Do you want to watch the rest of them?"

"I'll stay with you, it's fine." He smiled and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Thanks Cedric."

"No worries."

We sat in silence for a while, just appreciating each other's presence. "I have a question."

"Yeah?"

"Why do you call me angel?"

"It's not important." He looked to the side.

"Why won't you tell me anything today?!"

"It's not like you're my girlfriend or anything." He shot back. I narrowed my eyes at Cedric, knowing it makes him uncomfortable. "S-stop staring at me!"

"Not until you tell me."

"It's just a nickname, you don't need to think so much about it."

"If that was the real reason, you would've told me that at the beginning."

"I love and hate how smart you are at the same time." I laughed but the burn still felt like I got hit by a bus.

"Well, just tell me Cedric, you don't have a lot to lose."