Thirty-Fourth Lie: Recordings

Date: Sunday, May 3

Time: ???

"Where are you going? Tsu-chan?"

"I'll just be in my room. I'm going to be recording something so it might take a while. Kero."

Tsuyu left as she turned around the corridor. She wasn't lying when she said she was recording something. But usually when you would say that, it would sound a bit odd. As Tsuyu entered her room and shut the door, she examined her surrounding area. There was a computer sitting on the desk flipped open and a box with nothing on top of her bed. She sighed.

"I wonder..."

Tsuyu sat down on her chair looking at her computer. She saw her face on the recording screen as she shifted some materials away. Tsuyu looked to the side.

"Am I a monster?"

She opened her drawer and took out a book. As she flipped through the pages, thoughts started to wind up in her brain. And when she got to the last page which was the ending, she decided to read it instead.

"Phew."

She carefully ripped it out until she had the entire page in her hand and placed it on the table.

"That's gotta go somewhere. Kero..."

She then closed the book and stood up. Tsuyu walked over to her bed and looked at her box.

"Hmmmm."

Pushing a book called 'Quirky Ideas' out of the way, she took some tissue papers she was keeping stashed inside the box and placed the book gently on top of the tissue papers. Tsuyu closed the box, and sealed it with packaging tape. She then took a sharpie and wrote down: To Tsuyu Asui.

"That ought to do it."

She then glanced at the last page of the book on the table and thought carefully.

"I wonder what their favourite game is...Kero..."

She took out one of her black earrings and plugged them(somehow) into her computer which started to play a familiar setting. And while listening to the recording, she took a glance at a book called: 

'How to Fix Memory Loss.'

She sighed.

"The Truth?"

"Can only exist between the lies."

She stated in a reporter's video. Tsuyu looked down.

"And what is that supposed to mean..."

She unplugged the earring from her computer and carefully put it back in her earlobe. Tsuyu took a deep breath in, and out. Looking at the camera, she pressed on the record button.

"Hello there. My name is Tsuyu Asui and this is a message for Izuku Midoriya."

______

"Asui..."

She blinked once right after she asked her question. Usually you would ask it out of curiosity to know the truth but that wasn't the case. Tsuyu had planned to say it right after her memory loss. She was actually quite happy that the book 'How to Fix Memory Loss' worked in a few days.

"Huh?"

She was back in her normal state. If that's what you would call it.

"What..."

Tsuyu attempted to sound like she had no idea on what's going on even though she did.

"What... happened?"

Everything was going according to plan.

Just then, Midoriya and Bakugo ran over at Tsuyu.

"Tsu-chan! Are you okay?"

"...Midoriya?"

Just as she was about to say another word, Midoriya hugged her right away. Stunned by Midoriya's sudden approach, she didn't know what to do. She felt a pink tint on her cheek as Midoriya squeezed her tight.

'This happened way too fast,' She thought.

But everything was still far from over. Tsuyu still had to do something important. Even if it would've been risky to go about. As Midoriya let go of Tsuyu, she dusted off her shirt and looked at her surroundings.

"Where is Dr. Yunokaru?"

Bakugo scoffed.

"You're still calling him Doctor?"

He sighed.

"I think he disappeared right after I was fighting him."

Midoriya looked oddly at Bakugo.

"You were fighting him? I was fighting him!"

"What?"

Tsuyu looked down; Midoriya and Bakugo both turned to Tsuyu.

"Who is that guy?"

They both asked simultaneously. She sighed.

"He- has a unique type of quirk. It's called-

Hallucynary.

They were both dumbfounded.

"Hallucynary? I have never heard of that before..."

Tsuyu looked to the side.

"It's because he made it himself with the help of Dr. Ujiko."

"Made it himself..."

"What does it do?"

Tsuyu sighed.

"He has the ability to make people see things and events that aren't there for a long period of time. It only cancels out when he doesn't have enough energy to do so, in which someone can remove." 

"And you know all this? How?" Bakugo asked aggressively.

Tsuyu sighed.

"I was the one who suggested the idea in the first place."