Tenth Lie: Moonlight Chat

"Midoriya-chan."

"Yes?"

"It's hard to eat while being stared at. Kero."

"O-Oh! I'm sorry!"

It was just the two of them in her room. Midoriya had just given her the gift Mina gave him. She looked quite happy when she opened it since it was Jello. Tsuyu gladly gave some to Midoriya so they could both eat peacefully. Midoriya wanted to talk to her about something but he couldn't open his mouth to say such things. He didn't know what was holding him back.

'Come on! Say something Izuku!'

He then mustered up his courage to say something.

"I'm Sorry."

"...you're sorry?"

A word of apology was the first thing that came out of his mouth. Midoriya was confused by what he had just said.

'Why did I just apologize!? Ah well, it's not necessarily wrong...'

Midoriya sighed.

"I feel bad for disturbing you. You have gone through so much and I'm just here giving you an uncomfortable time. I was just really worried. That you left without notice. And when I realized that your sister got hurt, it really hurt me inside. It was not only pity, but I knew your heart would be broken. And I didn't want that. I wanted you... to feel grateful that your sister survived. So, I'm really sorry that I took your personal time away."

Midoriya clenched his shirt and looked at Tsuyu. She looked genuinely surprised by his apology. And in Midoriya's eyes, she was beautiful. The moonlight reflected on her face making it glow. She was like an angel, a fairy. And Midoriya didn't get flustered since he felt this way. It was the truth, and that was all that mattered. Just then, Tsuyu chuckled a bit and smiled at Midoriya. He was a bit worried by her response but the response she gave was completely different than what Midoriya had imagined.

"You are a very interesting person, aren't you?"

"T-Tsu-chan?"

She stood up, and Midoriya did the same.

"The fact that you're apologizing even if you did nothing wrong makes you an interesting person," Tsuyu said cheerfully.

"I did nothing wrong?"

Tsuyu smiled.

"Of course you didn't!"

The smile that Tsuyu gave made Midoriya feel warm inside. He didn't feel nervous around Tsuyu anymore; he felt happier. Just then, Tsuyu walked over to the window and viewed the moon shining down on her.

"I'm actually glad you came here. It been quite hard for me since my sister went to the hospital but,"

She glanced over at Midoriya.

"You coming here has made me feel better."

And with that, Midoriya smiled. He was glad that he was able to make Tsuyu happy. But for some reason, he felt like something was missing. Just then, Tsuyu spotted something in the corner of her eye.

"Look! It's a shooting star!"

"Oh?"

Midoriya walked over next to Tsuyu and observed the sky. There was a shooting star coming from the sky. Tsuyu smiled.

"I'm going to make a wish!"

Midoriya smiled.

"Then I'll make one too."

Usually things like these would've been things that little kids would do, but to Midoriya, it felt quite nice. He was able to do it with Tsuyu. After making his wish, he turned to Tsuyu.

"What did you wish for?"

Tsuyu's face turned slightly red. Confused by her own actions, she shook her head.

"Tsu-chan?"

"It's a secret. Also..."

She averted her face away.

"If I say it, it might not come true. So no one will know except for me."

Midoriya glanced at the night sky.

'I also wished for something but I can't say it to Tsu-chan. Maybe when the time is right...' Midoriya thought. He sighed while looking at the sky again. Tsuyu then looked at her clock on top of her drawer.

"Oh! It's quite late! Sorry to keep you here for so long!" Tsuyu exclaimed as she bowed down.

Midoriya also realized it was quite late.

"I should apologize that I disturbed your alone time!" Midoriya said.

Tsuyu smiled as she walked over to the door with Midoriya.

"There you go being an interesting person again."

Tsuyu opened the door and Midoriya walked out.

"And I apologize again, for your sister's condition."

"Okay! I understand your apology!"

Midoriya smiled as he walked to his dorm, and Tsuyu closed the door. And in her room, her face immediately turned pale. Her eyes widened, and tears started to flow within her eyes. She hung on the door trying to keep her emotions intact, but she could. Tears started to drop out one by one. When she blinked her eyes, her lips started to quiver.

"I should be the one that's sorry."

More tears started to flow from her eyes.

"Not you, Midoriya-chan."