Twenty-Ninth Lie: Remember Your Shadow

"Hey! Wake Up!"

"Is he unconscious?"

"Can you hear us?!"

Voices were lingering about in the surrounding area. As darkness was shading across Midoriya's eyes, the voices became louder than normal. And even then, he kept hearing someone else's voice, repeating the same words over and over again.

Remember Your Shadow Remember Your Shadow Remember Your Shadow Remember Your Shadow Remember Your Shadow Remember Your Shadow Remember Your Shadow Remember Your Shadow

Pressuring himself, the darkness drifted away as the voices became louder again, and the other distinct voice started to fade away. All he now heard was his name being called over and over again.

'What is...'

He attempted to blink his heavy eyes pressuring down on him.

"I think he's waking up!"

"Come on Midoriya!"

Midoriya then felt a cold touch on his stomach as if something was on top of it. And just a few seconds later, was pushed down by a sudden force. He immediately exerted upright, gasping for air in the process. As he was in his half-conscious mind, he felt rain drops falling onto his skin, making its way to the floor.

"Midoriya!"

"Are you okay?!"

Midoriya was breathing heavily as he sat upright. Trying to get a sense of vision, he saw most of his classmates surrounding him. He pushed himself to say something.

"What...happened?"

Ochako clenched her fists as she helped Midoriya up.

"You fell unconscious."

"I did?"

The only thing Midoriya instinctively remembered was Tsuyu saying 'Remember your Shadow' to him and Kaminari.

"When did I fall unconscious?"

Everyone ran silent except for Kaminari.

"It was when Tsu-chan said those last words," Kaminari said.

"You didn't fall unconscious?"

"Apparently not.

Something then shot up Midoriya's brain.

"What happened to the rest of you? Before I got unconscious?"

They ran silent again. The looks on their faces showed that...

They were scared of something

"Guys...?"

Shoto sighed.

"I rather not say."

"...?"

The rest of them nodded.

'What on earth...'

Midoriya was quite surprised by their responses. Usually they would go all out on what they saw but now... it was like they didn't want to at all. Something was shaking them up but Midoriya didn't know what.

"W-Where is Ts-chan?" he asked nervously.

"Well....she's-"

Ochako looked like she was going to cry. Midoriya grew more nervous.

"What happened to her?"

Mr. Aizawa then walked up to him.

"I think it's better to see for yourself."

"...what?"

_______

Bandaged up, Midoriya silently walked over to the lobby to find a certain girl sitting on the couch. She had a glass cup in her hand; half filled with water. As she heard the sounds of footsteps entering the lobby, she slowly motioned herself to the sound, placing her glass cup on the table.

"T-Tsu-chan?"

As he was going to run to her, Mr. Aizawa stepped on the premises, stopping him from doing so.

"Wait."

"Sensei?"

As he put his hand on Midoriya's shoulder, he looked over at Tsuyu; staring at them both. She didn't say anything but just stared at them both.

"T-Tsu-chan are you okay?"

She didn't answer.

"What is..."

Mr. Aizawa walked over to Tsuyu, sitting down on the couch opposite of hers. Midoriya followed and sat right next to him. It felt like an interrogation, but less domineering.

"Asui."

She blinked her eyes as she stared at them both.

"Right next to me is your friend, Izuku Midoriya."

Midoriya was shocked by what Mr. Aizawa had said just now. Tsuyu focused his attention on him then. The atmosphere became hotter.

"Sensei? What are you-"

Just then, Tsuyu took her glass cup again and drank from it. She then set it aside as she stared lifelessly at Midoriya, muttering one word.

--scary...

Midoriya's eyes widened at Tsuyu's response. Completely shocked, he turned to Mr. Aizawa for help. He sighed.

"I wonder..."

"Sensei?"

He turned to Midoriya.

"You heard what she just said?"

Midoriya nodded sadly.

"Why did she..."

Midoriya was really confused.

'Why is she acting this way? Why does she look so lifeless?'

He knew something was up. Something was going on with Tsuyu but he just couldn't demtermine it. Just as he was going to say something, Tsuyu unexpectedly spoke instead, causing both of them to be shocked.

--shadow... remember your shadow...

That line was the exact same one that Tsuyu said before Midoriya fell unconscious. It took him by surprise that she said it at the moment since it was highly unlikely.

"How did..."

Mr. Aizawa was particularly confused.

"Did this happen before?"

He shook his head.

"No. It didn't."

He stood up.

"Do you know what happened to Asui?"

"What happened?"

He looked at her just before answering Midoriya.

"She lost her memory. She can't remember anything. Not even us."