Twelfth Lie

"Say, Tsu-chan."

"Yes?"

"Aren't there more people on the street than I thought?"

The streets of Musutafu were bustling as ever. It was never like this on a normal day. Was there an important event going on? Tsuyu looked to the side.

"It's Golden Week."

"Oh really!?"

Midoriya didn't realize it was Golden Week since he was in the Heights Alliance the entire time.

"Since it's May 3rd, it's Constitution day. It's celebrated in honor of the ratification of the Japanese constitution in 1947. Kero."

He felt quite guilty about Tsuyu explaining Constitution day to him. Midoriya then thought of something to ask Tsuyu.

"Do you know why I cannot see your sister?" he asked the question carefully.

Tsuyu looked down nervously; Midoriya took notice.

"Well, my sister has been up and about telling these odd stories that might cause a ruckus when other people are around her..."

"Odd stories?"

"Yes... Kero."

Midoriya was bewildered.

'I wonder what Tsu-chan means by that,' Midoriya wondered. As he was getting his thoughts together, Tsuyu decided to ask him a question which took him by surprise.

"Why did you want to come to the hospital with me? Midoriya-chan?"

He almost tripped at his feet.

'What do I say? It's not like I'm trying to protect her from something... or is it?' he thought nervously.

He then thought of something on the spot.

"I just wanted to help out the hospital you know? Because of all of the patients coming in!"

Tsuyu looked up at him. Midoriya tried to not sound so nervous when he was giving his part answer to Tsuyu. She then looked down.

"Is that so..."

Midoriya then looked at her.

'Why did she sound a bit down?' he thought.

Just then, someone accidentally bumped into Tsuyu, causing her to tumble forward. Midoriya caught her just in time, holding her up with his hands.

"Are you okay? Tsu-chan?"

"Yes, just bumped into someone. Kero."

Right after, she got bumped again; and Midoriya caught her again.

"This place is quite crowded. We might lose each other if people keep bumping into us," Tsuyu said.

"Yeah..."

Tsuyu looked up at Midoriya and noticed him offering his hand to her. She was confused and rather hesitant.

"It's better this way,' he turned his face away.

"And we won't lose each other."

Tsuyu focused on him for a few seconds, deciding to take his hand. Their fingers intertwined each other, clasping side by side.

"I-I think it's a good idea. Kero," she said nervously.

They continued to walk, leaving no space in between themselves. Tsuyu felt slightly happier and Midoriya was still nervous as usual. And as the crowds gradually became small, they still held on to each other's hand.