29. Derek Morgan (Pt. 3)

(Y/N) craned her neck searching for her newborn

     (Y/N) craned her neck searching for her newborn. Finally she saw that the baby was in her grandfather's arms. "Be careful." (Y/N) mumbled, exhausted. "Don't drop her."

     Derek Morgan smiled at his only daughter. "Sweetheart, did you forget I did this with you?"

     Liam grinned, sitting on the bed beside (Y/N). Both parents watched their baby like a hawk.

     "I've only been in the BAU for a couple of weeks after all of that training and you have to go and get me pregnant." (Y/N) had mumbled curses under her breath.

     Liam smiled softly at his wife. "I'm sure it's not that bad." He hummed, placing his hands on her flat stomach.

     "My father won't let me out in the field." (Y/N) pouted. "I have to stay behind and help my mother and Aunt JJ with media crap."

     Nine months later the mood swings, cravings, sitting behind a desk, and labor was worth it.

     A doctor came in with paperwork to be signed for the birth certificate.

     (Y/N) signed the document and nudged Liam to do the same seeing as he was eyeing (Y/N)'s vitals. She was perfectly healthy but he still worried. 

     "What name should I write on the document?" The doctor asked with a kind smile.

     "Cindi Grace Radford." (Y/N) answered.

     Her parents both looked up at her in surprise.

      "For Dad's cousin and for mom's middle name." (Y/N) explained.

     Her mom blinked back tears, "Well what about Liam's family?"

     Liam and (Y/N) shared a grin. "There's always the next one." He answered his in-laws.

     The doctor smiled, filled out the name, and walked out of the room.

     Derek passed their granddaughter to his wife before silently padding to the door. He looked over at (Y/N), "You up for some company? The team has been waiting for a while."

     (Y/N) smiled and nodded tiredly.

      The team filed in and each took turns holding Cindi. Finally the sleeping babygirl was placed back in her mother's arms.

     "She's gorgeous." (Y/N) mumbled staring down at her.

     Liam peered over her shoulder. "She looks just like you."

     "Yeah, but I'll bet she'll be a daddy's girl." (Y/N) answered as Liam gently twisted her (Y/H/C) hair away from her neck.

     "Just like her mom." Penelope added.

     Derek scooped little Cindi back into his arms. He pressed a kiss to (Y/N)'s forehead. "Get some rest, babygirl." He ordered.

     (Y/N) hummed, her eyes already falling shut. "Not even a few hours old and she's already spoiled by her grandparents."

Requested by @peetalo. Enjoy!