28. Derek Morgan (Pt 2. of #26)

     "Well, you have it easy. All you have to do is prosecute. Henry and I actually have to catch these scumbags." (Y/N) told Jack.

     They were having a "family" gathering at the Morgan household. Her Dad was barbecuing while her mom had the chance to catch up with some much needed girl talk with the other BAU ladies. Liam was busy chatting with her father by the grill.

     Her and Liam had been dating for two years now. They were together through her training in the Washington police academy, through her graduation, and through her probationary year. They had moved into a small comfy apartment together. They somehow made it work between Liam's long hospital shifts, (Y/N)'s long days patrolling, and her taking online courses for psychology and criminal behavior. She was still determined to join her parents in the BAU. Often times when she came home Liam was patching her up for cuts and scrapes that she got on the job.

     She was twenty now and had just got the promotion to detective. She had yet to tell her family. Jack was on his way to becoming a full time attorney. Following in the steps of his father. Henry had already made detective and was on his way to becoming chief of his unit.

     Jack frowned at her. "It's not like the movies."

     (Y/N) feigned shock. "You mean people don't stand up and yell 'you bitch' in court like in legally blonde?"

     Jack and Henry laughed. "Sometimes." Jack admitted.

     (Y/N) eyed Liam and her father talking again. Her Uncle Spencer had wandered over and it looked like a serious discussion.

     "What are they doing?" She wondered in frustration.

     Henry nudged her with his elbow. "You're the one who wants to be a profiler. You tell us."

     (Y/N) frowned, studying their behavior. "Oh, God I hope he's not telling them we live together."

     "What?!"

     "What do you want?" Derek sighed staring at his daughter's boyfriend.

     "What?" Liam replied nervously.

     "You opened your mouth five times in the last two minutes but you haven't said anything." Morgan answered.

     Liam scratched the back of his neck, "Uh, yeah I just wanted to talk to you about your blessing. I want to ask (Y/N) to marry me."

     Derek froze, his hand twitching for his gun that wasn't on his belt. "Hey, yo, Reid." He called. "Get over here man."

     Reid strode over from where he had been chatting with Hotch and Rossi. "Is this about the proposal?"