13. Niklaus Mikaelson

     "Come on. Please. It'll be fun."

     "No." Klaus replied simply as he turned the page on the book he was reading.

     (Y/N) sat across from him her (Y/E/C) eyes shimmering in amusement.

     "Why not?" She challenged. "I'll get Kol to do it with me."

     Klaus looked up his ocean eyes piercing hers. He set the book aside not breaking eye contact. "You will not raid my art supplies." He told her seriously despite being amused at her persistence.

     (Y/N) broke into a grin. "Okay...so if we were to go out and buy other art supplies?"

     The both of them knew compulsion wouldn't work to convince her to forget her endeavor seeing as he had given her a locket full of vervain.

     Klaus sighed. "If we do, will you quit harping about this?"

     "Yes!" (Y/N) squealed jumping up and grabbing his hand to drag him up with her.

     The hybrid followed her chuckling at her childish behavior.

     A few hours later they had returned to the compound.

     "It's not that hard." Klaus said throwing another dart into a paint filled balloon.

     The red paint splattered across the white canvas mixing with the other colors.

     "Says the original hybrid with perfect aim!" (Y/N) pouted. The breeze of the New Orleans night blew through her (Y/H/C) hair.

     Klaus welcomed the breath of fresh air mixed with her scent. He laughed at the girl and stood next to her helping her throw the dart with her back pressed against his chest.

      It found it's mark and blue paint splashed across the canvas mixing with the red creating a rich purple color as it ran down in rivers.

     (Y/N) giggled turning in his arms to face him. "I told you this would be fun."

     Klaus hummed in response forcing himself to step away. "Indeed, although you won't get me to admit that I was mistaken." He glared playfully at her.

    (Y/N) only laughed again flicking paint at him carelessly. "No, of course not." She mocked taking on a faux British accent. She tilted her nose up in the air as if she were stuck up. "We mustn't let anyone know the great Niklaus Mikaelson was wrong about having fun."

     Klaus' only response was to silently throw a dart. It whisked past her ear and landed neatly on the canvas. The balloon burst with pink paint speckling (Y/N)'s hair and clothes.

     (Y/N) gasped in mock offense and Klaus offered her a mischievous smirk.

     Once they were done the two of them quickly cleared the paint, balloons, canvas, and darts.

     Klaus watched her out of the corner of his eye wondering how a human could be so comfortable in his presence.

     "What is it?" (Y/N) asked sensing his gaze.

     Klaus reached over tugging lightly at her (Y/H/C) hair. "You have paint in your hair."

     "And it's all your fault." (Y/N) accused him jokingly with a grin. "Okay. I need to go shower." She sighed rushing away to her room.

     When she had finished she padded around the compound looking for her friend. He had been acting different lately and she often pondered if he knew the effect he had on her. Could he hear her heart beat quicker when he was nearby. When he smiled or when he gazed at her with that intense look in his eye.

     "Klaus?" She called opening a door. She stopped short looking around. It was his art studio. She had never been inside before. He had never offered and she never asked out of respect for his privacy. Now she saw why he had never offered to show her.

     The newest painting that was set up on an easel had a magnificent picture of her. In the picture she was laughing looking down at the festivities of the french quarter from a balcony of the compound.

     "(Y/N)." Klaus said entering the room realizing she was staring at his latest painting. 

     She turned quickly her (Y/H/C) hair swinging behind her. She realized his eyes were darker than usual. Maybe she had crossed a line. "Sorry, I didn't mean to intrude." She glanced back at the painting. "It's beautiful."

     Klaus only frowned. "And yet, I can't quite get it right." He said moving to stand beside her. "I imagine your beauty is impossible to capture." He added looking down at her.

    (Y/N) turned her head away to hide her blush. Her heart was hammering in her chest. When she grew enough courage to glance up at him she saw that he was smirking so she knew he had seen.

     "Goodnight Nik." She whispered standing on her toes to give him a kiss on the cheek before rushing away. She silently wished he would come after her.

     Klaus stared at the painting for a heartbeat before running after her. "(Y/N)." He called.

     (Y/N) skidded to a halt in her hurry to her room when Klaus appeared in front of her.

     He held her steady as she nearly crashed into his chest. He held her face delicately in his hands and kissed her with such a passion it made her knees go weak. "Goodnight (Y/N)." He replied with his devilish smirk before disappearing again.