1. Damon Salvatore

She stared at the bottle of Jack Daniels in front of her mindlessly recalling what had happened the other night

     She stared at the bottle of Jack Daniels in front of her mindlessly recalling what had happened the other night. Her (Y/E/C) eyes were unfocused. Her phone had a billion missed calls all of them from one person. She couldn't bring herself to answer.

     She was hunting a werewolf who had gotten out of control on the full moon and was always killing people. She had met with the guy who had turned. She didn't tell him she was a hunter and he didn't even seem remorseful. (Y/N) was very thorough in her research. As a hunter she had to be if she wasn't then she could be killed. She knew that it'd be easy to kill this guy a bullet to the head while he was human would do the trick then she'd cut off his head for good measure. But she had miscounted the days in the lunar cycle and had accidentally driven to his house while there was a full moon. She knocked on the door gun in hand ready to shoot. The door was blown off its hinges when a giant brown wolf slammed her to the ground. She shot a couple of rounds at the beast then stood up and sprinted away as fast as she could when it yelped. The best she could do at this point was outrun it until the sun rose. If she was smart she would've brought wolfsbane but she had run out a while ago.

Soldier keep on marchin' on
Head down 'til the work is done
Waiting on that morning sun
Soldier keep on marchin' on 

     (Y/N) ran as fast as she could. She could hear the wolf behind her. Her lungs burned and her feet ached she didn't know how long she had been running for. Her gun had run out of bullets a while ago. Without warning she was thrown into a tree. The pain made her skull throb and she gasped for the air that had been knocked out of her lungs.

     The blurry figure of the wolf lazily approached her. In the blink of an eye a figure stood between her and the wolf.

     "Damon." (Y/N) breathed in surprise. The wolf threw itself at Damon and the two began to fight. Without thinking (Y/N) stood up and ran. She made it all the way to her motel room and locked the door hurriedly. She had been dating Damon since she had got into town, but she didn't realize what he was.

Head in the dust, feet in the fire
Labor on that midnight wire
Listening for that angel choir
You got nowhere to run 

     Tears blurred the (Y/H/C)'s vision as she poured herself a shot of Jack Daniels and downed it. Shakily she loaded her gun with wooden bullets and put a wooden stake in her belt. She stood up wiping her tears away determinedly. She got into her car and drove as the skies opened up and rain poured down.

You wanna take a drink of that promise land
You gotta wipe the dirt off of your hands
Careful son, you got dreamer's plans
But it gets hard to stand

     Memories flashed before her eyes. Damon and her meeting. Kissing. Their first date. Everything.

Soldier keep on marchin' on
Head down 'til the work is done
Waiting on that morning sun
Soldier keep on marchin' on

     She parked the car outside of the boarding house and quietly slipped up to the front door. She was dealing with vampires. They could hear incredibly far, one wrong step and she could be killed. She opened the door and slipped inside. Her gun proceeded her as she poked her head into the living room.

     Damon had his back to her but turned around at the sound of her approach. He had his usual glass of bourbon in hand. He smirked but it slowly faded at the sight of the gun in her hand.

     "(Y/N)?" He asked. His face flickered through different emotions. Surprise, sadness, anger, betrayal.

     Her hand shook as more tears sprung to her eyes. "I have to." She choked out.

Quiet now, you're gonna wake the beast
Hide your soul out of his reach
Shiver to that broken beat
Dark into the heat Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh

     "No you don't." Damon said setting his glass down. Carefully he approached her but froze when her finger tightened on the trigger.

     "Yes I do." She managed. "I'm a hunter. And you...you're a vampire. How could you not tell me?"

     Damon's blue eyes flashed with anger and for a second (Y/N)'s heart pounded in fear.

    "Me?! You're a hunter!" He spat.

Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh

     Damon strode towards her his ice blue eyes stared her down locking her in place. He stopped before her so that the gun pressed into his chest. "Do it." He said lowly.

    (Y/N) hesitated looking at him with wide (Y/E/C) eyes.

     "Do it." Damon repeated. "Pull the trigger."

     (Y/N) stepped away lowering her gun to her side. "I can't." She whimpered.

Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh 

     Damon stared down at her. The two of them so close and yet so far apart.

    (Y/N) took a step back again. "I can't." She repeated quietly.

    Damon nodded. (Y/N) went to turn away but before she could comprehend anything her back was slammed against the wooden wall of the boarding house.

    Damon's arms kept her trapped on either side. Even if she wanted to, she knew there was no use in trying to escape.

Soldier keep on marchin'
Oh-oh-oh
Keep on, keep on, keep on
Keep on, keep on marchin' on
Oh-oh-oh
Keep on, keep on marchin'
Keep on marchin' on

     The hunter and vampire stared at each other.

     Without her noticing Damon reached forwards and pulled the wooden stake away from her belt and threw it somewhere behind him.

    (Y/N) hardly dared to breathe. Her fingers slipped and she dropped the gun in her hand. The only thing that could possibly save her.

     As soon as the gun was out of her hand Damon's lips were on hers. 

     Without hesitation (Y/N) kissed back.

Oh-oh-oh
Soldier keep on marchin' on
Keep on, keep on
Oh-oh-oh
Keep on marchin' on
Keep on, keep on marchin'

     Damon's hands were in her (Y/H/C) hair. 

     (Y/N) wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist.

     Damon smirked into the kiss and pulled away. The two looked at each other with darkened eyes, breathing heavily. 

Soldier keep on marchin' on
Head down 'til the work is done
Waiting for that morning sun
Soldier keep on marchin' on

     (Y/N)'s surroundings blurred and when they became steady again she was lying on her back in Damon's bed. The raven haired vampire hovered over her with his usual smirk.

     (Y/N) turned her head to expose her neck a silent apology and an invitation.