21. BAU Team

It was a weakness of hers and it always had been

     It was a weakness of hers and it always had been. Cases involving children were hard but with (Y/N)'s maternal instinct it was somehow always worse. With that in mind Hotch tended to keep her out of the field as much as he could with cases involving kids. This time, however, he needed all his best agents in the field.

     They had traveled to (Y/H/T) immediately striking a cord with (Y/N). What was worse was that of the three children that had disappeared they all looked like her little sibling. The children were found dead behind a local restaurant, store, and parking lot. They were beaten and bruised. (Y/N) knew the things that were done to these children were unspeakable. She knew it was worse than just being beaten to death but she pushed the horrifying thoughts aside unable to think on it.

     They had narrowed down a suspect list and quickly came up with an viable candidate. Garcia tracked the man's last known address and phone while Reid and (Y/N) came up with likely geographical locations based upon the places the children were last seen. While they were looking another girl had been taken. A six year old named Emma. She had (Y/H/C) hair and (Y/E/C) eyes. She could've been (Y/N)'s daughter, that is if she had kids. 

     Finally the team caught a break and (Y/N) was more than eager to nail this guy. She even went as far as begging Hotch to let her come along.

     As soon as everyone had stepped out of the SUV's to approach the UnSub (Y/N) immediately took the lead trying to talk the man down.

      "Give me Emma and we'll just talk." (Y/N) said. The (Y/H/C) haired agent holstered her weapon holding her hands up peacefully her eyes trained on the little girl. 

      The UnSub held the small girl by her hair a gun to her head. "Just you." He replied with a sickly sneer that made (Y/N)'s stomach turn. "Not them." He added nodding to the other agents.

     "Agent (Y/L/N)." Hotch called to her sharply warning her against her next action.

     "Okay." (Y/N) agreed immediately stepping out into the no-man's land between her team and the UnSub. "Give me the gun." She ordered holding her hand out to the man as she reached him.

     The UnSub jerked his hand up with the gun.

     (Y/N) knew that the gesture was meant to hand it over to her but the move was so sudden it startled her and the team. Her training kicked in and she threw herself at the girl knocking the poor child down.

     Three shots rang in (Y/N)'s ears.

     She looked up uneasily and saw the UnSub weakly reaching for his gun. She immediately kicked it out of his reach and snatched her own. She held him down as Morgan ran up with paramedics that were on stand by with ambulances. The UnSub had been shot, once in the arm.