Chpt.17:The Cousins and The Murder Of Darryl Vander

Dylan opened the door which revealed to guys one older and one younger they were no other than Nicholas Tross and Detective Tross.

"Nicholas?"Dylan was in shock as he realized the two men are in there doorway.

"Hey cuz! "Nicholas says hugging Dylan.

"What? Sorry..your just a classmate of mine...Mom! What are they doing here? "Dylan yells calling out his mom.

As his mom smiled as she walked over to the doorway to greet the two men"Nicholas! Martin! How are the both of you? Oh also.. Dylan..i haven't told you that Nicholas is your cousin.. And Martin is your uncle.."Violet  says.

Dylan's POV:

I was shocked at the words of my mom I felt like I was gonna lose my appetite for dinner that bastard who was trying to hit on Artemis? It's gonna give me a headache I just flashed them both a smile and excused myself politely.

Meanwhile at the corridors of Athena High Lily and Darryl was running for there lives someone was chasing them"Just run Lily! "Darryl yelled.

"I'm not gonna leave you behind! I won't!-"Then Four gunshots was heard...

Hailey and James was at the dorm silently as they were doing some of there homework as they hadn't heard the gunshots at all.

And Artemis was at her home just trying to calm herself she was really pissed off at something she and her brother had a fight about some thing about him being too annoying.

Artemis always gets blamed for everything even if it was clearly her brother's fault she sighed at the thought of it she was always so cold and had this shield around her like always she never knew how to feel like.

But she was different towards Dylan but yes she just can't take her habits or the stuff she had always been like she still had this cold side and this side of her he still can't understand she still does push him away at times for some reasons she just don't want him to get involved too much in her life ever since the blackmailing happened.

As she got a text she opened her eyes and sighed and reached for her phone on her nightstand and opened her mobile device to check who it was she unlocked her phone and went to the messages app thingy and saw it was Hailey...

Hailey:Hey..how are you? Can you um try and fine Darryl? Because he said he wants to talk to you..

Me:No I have no idea where that little child have went to.

Hailey:The last thing I heard from him he only said trouble. Which is kind of weird.

Me:He always likes to do pranks like that. Probably he is with his lover Lavender.. Idk.

Hailey:Its Lily not Lavender..😑

Me:I don't really care it's not that important.

Hailey:Whatever but I know deep down you care about your brother and just want the best for him.

Me: Me? Ha! In his dreams..😒

Hailey:Alright..i gtg Cya tomorrow alright?
:seen at 8:30pm

Me:Okay.

As that small talk with Hailey I just went to put my phone down on my nightstand and was still in my bed not bothering to get up as I heard a knock on my door I huffed and got up annoyed and opened the door facing my dad with my very deadpanned expression.