Chapter 15: End of the plan

Back to your POV:

Ashton held my face and gently wiped my teardrops on my cheeks while giving me a reassuring smile. He isn't angry?!

From behind Ashton, Mike walked towards him, no longer wearing his white mask and pointed the pistol at Ashton's head.

Ashton didn't budge nor did his expression change. He still kept himself focused on me. Well, until Mike spoke up.

"Who are you really?!" Mike pressed the gun closer to the back of Ashton's head. The tip of the gun making contact with his hair and scalp as Mike pressed it further.

Ashton let go of my face and slowly turned himself towards Mike who was now aiming the pistol at his forehead.

Ashton kept a fearless expression. Like he was a man who was never scared of death.

I looked back at Ashton's face which was devoid of any emotion. The smile from earlier was gone, no smirk, no frown but just a blank poker face.

Along with eyes that seemed lifeless. A dull expression.

"..Tell me the truth and only the truth." Mike's brows furrowed in anger and he was trembling in what seemed to be anger.

He didn't want to kill Ashton earlier.. so why the change?

Is Ashton really a murderer?

During this entire situation, I don't really know who to side with.

Ashton or Mike and Cassius?

Maybe I should just call the police..?

No that's a bad idea.. either the three of us will be arrested or maybe even all four of us since Ashton sort of confessed that he killed someone.. although not directly..

I was confused the whole time. I simply backed away from the two slowly.

Things are getting messy. And I might even be shot or killed if I make a wrong move..

I looked at Cassius who was sitting down, still holding his broken wrist in pain.

"Hey (Name).. help me." Cassius called for me in a pained voice as soon as we made eye contact.

I went towards Cassius whose wrist was bruised and broken at the same time. The bone wasn't clearly protruding but you could see a clear bump, still covered by skin where the bone is.

While I sat down next to Cassius, we both analyzed Ashton and Mike.

Ashton raised his hand and simply wrapped his fingers around the gun.

"If you kill me how can I tell you?" Ashton answered Mike who slowly lowered the gun down.

"I know when a person is lying. So make one lie and I'll kill you." Warned Mike who gripped the gun's handle tightly as he glared at Ashton.

"Sure. I do want to die.." Ashton calmly told him with a smile. It irritated Mike further who clenched the fist of his free hand.

I felt anxious because I didn't want Mike to kill Ashton since he was still my boyfriend.

I was about to get up but Cassius pulled me down with his uninjured arm.

"Mike's never committed murder before. And he most certainly won't.. hopefully. But it's Cassiea we're talking about here." Mumbled Cassius still hinting at the fact that Mike might just kill Ashton.

The tension between the two increased further as I couldn't do anything to stop them.

Don't kill Ashton please..