Chapter 2: Delivery

I woke up early to cook something for Ashton. Preferably something delicious and homemade.

I thought of many things. But I ended up coming up with pie.

I started by making the crust.
I carefully kneaded the dough, feeling it move through my soft fingers.

As soon as I was finished making the crust, I started to make the filling. Since I didn't have any apples, I decided to go with blueberries.

After baking the pie, (without burning it.) I placed it in a box.

Yes. I was ready for this.

I even prepared a letter just for him. Oh how nice it feels to have Ashton read my letter and thank me for the pie with that gentle and warm smile of his.

I'm so excited.

I left the house as soon as possible to deliver it to Ashton.

I carefully held the box making sure it looked perfect so that Ashton will praise me.

I finally got into the library which was nearly empty, since the only person there was Ashton who was sitting in front of the counter, chewing bubblegum while reading a book.

When he saw me, I swear he nearly spat out his gum.

"W-Wait a sec." Ashton then moved under his counter to spit his gum into the trash can.

He quickly stood up after spitting the gum and seemed surprised.

"I brought pie for you!" Ashton's eyes widened in surprise when he saw that box.

He opened the door behind the counter and came back with a pair of forks and plates.

"Oh. What's this?" Ashton noticed the letter attached to the box.

"Nevermind that! Eat your pie before it gets cold." I said rather nervously.

Ashton took the pie out and had a slice.

I was currently filled with 100% nervousness. Does it taste good? Will he spit it out?

My mind was filled with many questions to the point I didn't realize Ashton was saying something.

"It's.. cafe quality. It's so good."
Ashton said through bites of blueberry pie.

"Uhmm. I better get going now." Just as I was reaching for the front door, Ashton called for me.

"(Name) aren't you going to have a bite?" Ashton seemed upset just for a little bit. He looked cute.

You know I can't resist you.

I went over to have a bite while he disappeared.

Along with that letter.

Crap.

Whatever, I made sure that everything I wrote in that letter was heartfelt.

After a minute he returned.

"..Your letter is quite flattering."

That's all he said before sitting at his chair once more.

I stared at his face the whole time he said that. It seemed blank.

Rejected..
Well atleast that's what it looks like.

Just when I made up my mind to leave before I start crying for being rejected by the guy I like, he said something.

"Of all the letters I've read, yours is the most moving. I felt really touched just from reading it." He gave me a small smile before going back to the room behind the counter.

I left as soon as he said that. Maybe I was or wasn't rejected after all. Maybe I misunderstood his feelings.

He told me he was touched.

I hope so. Please.

I don't want it to end with me crying over my crush which rejected me.

I went back home to change into my uniform to get ready for work.

I worked part time at a restaurant as a waitress. The salary wasn't that big but it was enough for me.

I'm still studying at a university. Just one more year left to finish and I'm done.

I found out about Ashton when I started studying at the library for my scholarship.

I didn't notice his face of all things. I ignored him precisely.

Until there was this time when he was holding a tower of books, balanced on each other.

I wasn't looking where I was going so I crashed right into him.

The huge amount of books crashed right onto his body as he fell onto the ground. Especially the edged parts. I swear he was definitely hurt from it.

He let out a single groan of pain before beginning to pick up his books again.

I was really guilty and worried. So I apologized and helped him up.

When he was going to grab a book I accidentally placed my hand on top of his.

I realized what I just did while heat spread to my cheeks.

I could swear I was red.

He was also blushing at that time but he tried to shake it off.

"..Sorry. I'm so sorry for bumping into you. You must've gotten hurt." I held my hand out to him, while he was still kneeling as he picked up his books from the impact.

"It's fine."

Ever since then when I accidentally touched his hand, I felt myself developing a crush on him.

Every once and a while I would stare at him when studying even if he doesn't seem to notice.

My crush quickly turned into an obsession somewhat. I tried hard to find out what his name was. Even borrowing a random book just to see him.

But I didn't care, I still continued to study even if I was nearly obsessed with him.

Next time, I'll really make sure to get into the library.

I'll plan it carefully so that I don't get caught.