Chapter 8: A Regular Day

*beep* *beep*

I slowly opened my eyes. The sun's rays were peeking through the blinds.

I let out a yawn and picked up my phone to turn off the alarm.

Then I rubbed my eyes, still sleepy.

There was no one next to me anymore, Ashton must have woke up already.

I fixed the bed out of courtesy and left the room.

As soon as I opened the white door, the faint smell of cooking wafted through my nostrils.

I walked over to the table and sat down, Ashton was holding a tray and wearing a blue apron, underneath he was wearing a white dress shirt and dark pants.

He gently placed everything on the tray neatly on the table. His hair slightly falling down on his face.

I looked at the plate in front of me.

He made pancakes layered with whipped cream and strawberries. In short, strawberry shortcake pancakes.

It looks very appetizing. Next to it was a cup of coffee.

"It's more likely sour than sweet

"It's more likely sour than sweet." Ashton let out a chuckle as he sat down the chair in front of me.

"But I'll make it sweeter for you." Ashton leaned forward to give me a peck on the cheek.

Causing my face to turn pink.

Without saying a word, we continued to eat.

The luscious sweet yet sour taste of strawberries combined with whipped cream lessened the contrasting sourness.

The pancakes had a soft fluffy texture to it, making it easy to chew.

Oddly, I remembered a bunch of questions I've been meaning to ask him.

But I forgot to ask them last night.

"Can I ask you a lot of questions?" Ashton nodded, still chewing.

"Did you take a shower in my bathroom yesterday?" Ashton swallowed his food.

"Yes. Sorry about that." Ashton gave an apologetic smile and continued to eat.

"How much is your salary and why do you work as a librarian?" Ashton paused for a moment before taking a sip of coffee.

"First of all, my salary.. I actually own the library you know, I'm self-employed. The city pays me. That's all I'm going to say." He stated a little proudly.

"I work as a librarian for my own reasons." Ashton continued to eat afterwards.

And I did the same before one last question popped up into my mind.

"How did you get my clothes and know my favourite food?" That was a question that made me really curious.

"That night I was in your room I stole your clothes when you were asleep. And your favourite food, your mom was making it and I heard her say it was your favourite." He explained through bites of the food.