Chapter 12: Plan Out

(Back to your point of view)

I just finished changing into my clothes right after taking a shower.

I wonder what my parents are telling Ashton right now?

He should be fine, I think.

I left my room and saw my parents sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"Where's Ashton?" I asked them. They looked in my direction.

"In the guest room." My mother said before turning her gaze back to the television screen.

I slowly walked over to the door of the guest room.

Hesitating whether I should open it or not.

Remembering the incident from last time, I realized I should knock first.

It's common courtesy.

I balled my hand then knocked on the hard wooden door.

"Ashton? May I come in?" I asked him from the other side of the door, not sure if he heard me.

"W-Wait a minute!" Ashton answered frantically from the other side.

I waited almost a minute or so before Ashton finally opened the door.

He was sweaty and panting profusely.

I could see beady drops of perspiration on his forehead.

"Why are you sweating so much? You can turn the air-conditioning on." I took a handkerchief and wiped Ashton's sweat.

"I didn't know if I had permission to turn it on.." Ashton said in an embarrassed tone while fidgeting his fingers.

His cheeks flushed red.

"You're a guest. That aside, may I come in?" I asked Ashton who was sort of oblivious to me standing in front of the door for about a minute now.

"O-Of course.." Ashton stepped back into the room and I followed after him.

Before closing the door, I could see my parents gazing at me with a suspicious look.

Do they think I'm going to do something lewd?

I shut the door quietly.

Ashton silently walked over to the air-conditioner to turn it on.

Since there was nowhere to sit, I sat on the bed.

Ashton turned back to my direction, seemingly hesitant to sit on the bed.

"Is there anything wrong?"

He seemed anxious for some reason.

"I'm fine.." his eyes looked down before walking over to the bed and sitting next to me.

"What did my parents ask you? Did they make you feel bad?" I asked him with a concerned voice.

Is that why he looks anxious and nervous?

Poor dude. He's sweating out of nervousness.

"They didn't. Your parents are very nice to me." Ashton said with a warm smile.

"Then why are you sweating?" I asked Ashton who seemed a little bothered by my question.

"Do you really want to know?" Ashton leaned closer with a sudden change to his voice. He moved closer to my face.

I could take a guess..

My father asked him to carry something heavy or to do some errands?

But he did say my parents were very nice to him.