Chapter 14: Execution pt. 2

Ashton's POV:

I slowly opened my eyes after feeling something wet rub on my face.

Ugh.. I feel really dizzy. What happened to me? My vision was still gradually recovering, everything seems blurry.

I remember being tackled to the ground by two men in the dark.

While I was searching for (Name).

Did they do something to her?!

If something happened to her, I won't be able to forgive myself..

And I'll kill those people.. I'll be sure to make them pay.

In front of me were three figures, one was wearing a dark cloth mask and the other two were wearing a plain white mask.

One of them seems to be a girl, wearing a white top and a checkered skirt.

Similar to what my assistant librarian, Millie wore earlier.

Is that Millie?!

Did she kidnap me?

And the other two were wearing dark hoodies.

Based on my surroundings, I was still in the library.

But I couldn't get up from the floor. My hands and feet seem to be tied up really tight.

I can't move my feet nor can I move my hands. They are both bound up in rope.

There was no tape on my mouth whatsoever. It seems they want me to speak.

"Who are you?! Where's (Name)?!" I shouted at the three figures before me.

A mocking male laugh resounded from the two men in front of me while the female one remained silent.

"She's fine, safe at home." Said the male wearing the black cloth mask.

"Who we are doesn't matter. Who you are does." The one wearing the simple white mask moved closer to me.

If I could move I would've kicked him in the shins already but I can't.

At least (Name) is fine. I hope..

"What do you want from me?!"

They continued to laugh at me, while the only seemingly female figure, presumably Millie, continued to remain silent.

A finger pressed onto my lips. The one wearing the black cloth mask placed his other hand around my neck, threatening to strangle me.

"Tell us the truth about the murder here in this very library years ago." The grip of his hand on my throat tightening.

At this point I'm having trouble breathing.

They want to know about that huh?!

Just like what (Name) asked me the other day in the car..

Should I tell them?

If I tell them, they'll kill me.

When I mean by they, I mean my 'family'.

And not just my 'family' also these three.

If I don't tell them, will they kill me too?

It's fine. I've accepted death long ago.

From the moment it happened.

I struggled to breathe, he was choking me.

"Tell us now or I'll kill you." the man spat out in a threatening tone.